Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE:These videos have absolutely nothing to do with working dogs working! :razz:

It was warm enough Sunday to put some water in the dogs' pool and let them play a bit, and it was so funny I couldn't resist doing a few short videos!

Jak has never been fond of water, but Jessie is a water dog up one side and down the other. LoL Apparently, she's rubbing off on Jak some, because he did NOT like to share "his" pool with her! Last year he wouldn't even get in without coaxing, even with Gypsy wallering around in it and acting a fool, but Sunday, he jumped right in as soon as I started putting water in it! I didn't put more than just a few inches, because otherwise I would have had a hard time emptying it, but during the summer, it's filled all the way up.

You know my neighbors just have to LOVE being my neighbors! Jak barks like this pretty much the whole time he's loose in the yard with Jessie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
That was a pretty nice little object (well, big object) guard in my very uneducated opinion. I've been meaning to get a kiddie pool for the dogs for the summer. Last summer, we couldn't even go out for exercise until 9 PM or later most nights. Too hot.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Looks like you might wanta get two pools. As it gets warmer I don't think much more sharing will be going on with those two:smile: They still are not selling the kiddie pools down here yet:( I'm heading up your way for vacation in a couple of weeks - 42 acres for the dogs to roam and a big ol' pond.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you may be right, Lacey. I guess I'd better get another one before everyone sells out of them. I'm surprised they don't have them for sale where you're at; I imagine it's quite a bit warmer there than here. Whereabouts are you going to be visiting up this way?

Jak definitely likes to possess things. For example, he has zero interest in sticks, until Jessie picks one up and starts playing with it. Then it's HIS stick, and he'll try to take it from her just so he can run around growling with it. He does the same thing with toys - just runs around with them in his mouth teasing Gypsy (who could care less about toys) and Jessie with it just so he can growl and play keep away when/if they try to take it. For that reason, there are no toys outside. :lol:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jessie's barking

Ok, so if you watched the pool videos, you heard Jak's sissy barking. He will be 2 years old on June 5th, and Jessie will be 1 year old on June 6th. Jessie's a female, but her barking is much deeper and more ferocious-sounding than Jak's. The only way I can get her to bark, though, is to frustrate her by putting her in the kennel or on a tie out, so that's what I did, just to show you all the difference in barking between my 'big bad boy' and my 'sweet pea little girl.'

Check it out:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.