Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I'll be starting tracking with my lil girl tomorrow morning... should be interesting, considering I've never trained tracking before and have very little clue of where I would start with this -- people have explained it to me so I get the jist of it, but I'm a hands-on kinda guy, I needa DO something to learn it.

So for now I will say... keep at it and have fun! And tomorrow I may change my tune ;) Her bitework was good today though, her 2nd "formal" bite training session.

· Premium Member
4,977 Posts
The way my trainer is teaching me tracking with 100% beginner dogs is basically "you can use a flag if you want but its not important", he doesn't use the flag at all, we only used one because a club member had one with them n offered to use it.... but he basically rubs his feet in the grass n drops a few pieces of hotdog where he rubbed his feet n we tell the dog "zoeken!" n praise for sniffing around the footstep area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.