Working Dog Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
admin said:
Stacia Porter said:
It would be like a German telling me Americans can't make a decent apple pie.
mmm Dutch Apple Pie... :lol:
OH all right: hamburger. It would be like a German telling me Americans can't make a decent hamburger. I've had German hamburgers...SCARY.

Is everyone happy now? :wink:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Connie Sutherland said:
Stacia Porter said:
.......Is everyone happy now? :wink:
Not me. I want some Dutch apple pie.
Never satifisfied here, are we??????

G

·
UGH! Jerry, you are so right! I acually had some ego-maniac who must've thought I fell of the turnip truck yesterday tell me that Caleb was showlines, his parents weren't the dogs listed on his ped, and that he could sell me dog "x" for a mere $3k. Such a deal. I want to bring Caleb back and have him bit him where he deserves it most... :twisted: . This same guy wanted to put him on a table to show me how he lacks defense. I said no thanks, left, and never went back. Caleb wasn't even a year and a half old, and I doubt this guy can table train worth a shit. Later I find out that his MO is to intentionally "ruin" other people's dogs (any dog not bred by him) so he can show how superior his dogs are. Someone actually met Caleb shortly after that and GUESSED who'd "worked" with him. :evil:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Jerry Lyda said:
The reason that I've seen some American trainers tell someone that their dog was not good enough to do schutzhund work is because,( Is everyone ready for this/) they want to sell them one of their dogs. MONEY
Thanks
Good point! We had that spiel once w/o the guy even evaluating our dog. "Well, that show dog won't be very good at the sport, but I can sell you a dog who will!" Whatever, dude!

Though in Germany I was turned down by one of the number one working dog kennels for a puppy b/c he tried to play the dumb American card on us. I told him we wanted a dog for SchH and planned to keep it with the family. First he quoted a price for his current litter which was about 150 euros above the price I knew someone else to have JUST paid for a puppy. We asked about getting teh dog at the price we knew he usually charged. He got all huffy and said he had a dog for that price, and had his worker bring me out the biggest nerve bag of a dog I've ever seen! Skittish as all out, afraid of stairs, didnt' like loud noises, didn't like men, cowered when I tried to pet her. I somehow didn't think I was about to drop $725 on THAT. Whole experience left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I never had a German tell me any such things. We even had fru-fru dogs ag club! Long haired gray dogs about teh size of poodles (no clue what they were). There were two shep mixes, one shep w/o SV registration, and then the rest were SV registered dogs: 2 showlines and 4 working dogs. They were all treated equally by the TD and helper...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts