Working Dog Forums banner

Introduction

1K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  Liz Monty 
#1 ·
Hello to everyone on the forum. I am from the Crystal Coast of North Carolina USA. I recently retired from Law Enforcement (K-9) after 19 1/2 years - my four legged full service (Narcs, Tracking and Patrol) Malinois partner retired with me, his name is Jarko. I also have a fifteen month old female Malinois named Coda (Shock Troop's Coda) that I am currently training in IPO/SchH - she just obtained her BH and hopefully will obtain her AD in December. I have one other dog, a nine year old female Rotty named Dunya, who is a big ol' lap dog to my husband. I have reserved a male malinois pup from the kennel of Like A Hurricane C Litter - Aha Van Joefarm x Umi du Bois des Tremples. I really like the combination of these two dogs and I am keeping my fingers crossed that Umi has at least four male pups in this litter in late December 2006.

I train everyday except Sunday with my dogs. Jarko is retired, but he loves to work so I keep him and myself busy with ASR training. My intentions are to title Coda to IPO/SchH III then cross over to ASR with her and maybe dabble in Mondio. Coda was trained in Narcotics work and even had a street find before I retired. She is a very dominant, but smart bitch, who keeps me on my toes.

I am sure I will learn alot from this forum.

Lacey

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you for the welcome Connie. I did post some pics, under heading of pictures on the forum but I am never one to pass up the opportunity to show pics of my dogs:

Jarko indicating on Narcotics at a Seminar:

An "off-duty" shot of Jarko:

Coda at training last week - 15 months old

Coda at a Mock Trial at 14 months old before getting her BH - Automatic Sit

The big ol' Lap Dog - Dunya with my better half and Jarko. Before they all got a little gray.

#9 ·
Woody Taylor said:
Lacey Vessell said:
Thanks Woody. Like a Hurricane is Carmen van de Kamp's as far as I know. I am not familiar with who Hil is, sorry.
Ah, you are correct. My mistake. Carmen is another member here.
Getting the dutch members all mixed up now? I bet they all look alike to you huh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum Lacey!

#10 ·
Mike Schoonbrood said:
Woody Taylor said:
Lacey Vessell said:
Thanks Woody. Like a Hurricane is Carmen van de Kamp's as far as I know. I am not familiar with who Hil is, sorry.
Ah, you are correct. My mistake. Carmen is another member here.
Getting the dutch members all mixed up now? I bet they all look alike to you huh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum Lacey!
Yes. Tall, pot-smoking euros with better dogs than me, but questionable taste in music. You're the only one I can pick out because of that leather apron.:lol:

Any country that can turn out vermeer, famke janssen, and the queen b is okay in my book.

#13 ·
You all are to funny - thanks for the many welcomes.

Yes Selena, I have seen Like a Hurricane Aiolos Apollon "Polo" who is at a kennel here in the U.S. - he is beautiful in all aspects and comming along very well in his training. Before realizing that Carmen was going to breed this combination again, I actually thought about waiting until "Polo" got old enough to breed and get a pup from him. I am so excited about getting a pup directly from Ace and Umi - I am just praying that they produce at least 4 males - as I have 4th choice male. I already have a call name picked out for him.

Glad to be a member of this forum.

Lacey

#14 ·
I´ll be visiting Carmen in the period the puppies are going to be alive (around 5 wks)..so i´ll take some pics for you. Although Carmen post a lot of pics on her site :lol:

and if you´re here and post a lot of pics, Car will visit us more 8)

#15 ·
Thanks Salena I'd appreciate any pictures of the pups, Carmen told me that she will have the webcam up again as well. I intend to take many pictures of the pup growing up. I already copied many pictures of Aha and Carmen obtaining Ace's KNPV PH1 for my pups photo album.

I hope all is well with her mother, I believe she had surgery on Weds :(

#18 ·
Jeff Oehlsen said:
There are Dutch people here? :eek:

They do ringsport right? I have seen that silly little Sch offshoot that they play at. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Okay, after reading many of the previous posts on this forum I just can't figure out what type of work/sport Jeff does find acceptable to do with dogs. Maybe it is his :twisted: sense of humor, I just have not grasped yet :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.