Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got my reserve commission with a police department here in LA. I will refrain from announcing which department unfortunately not everyone is your friend in the dog world and it wouldn't be cool for somebody who doesn't know me to start sending annonymous emails to the chief, like I'm sure that troll Cath would love to do if she knew. I was made head K9 trainer, as the other two K9 guys have only been on the streets with their dogs for 2months and prior to that only had the 3week cert course as the main source of their knowledge. The supervisor who is over K9 did 11years as K9 is not a current handler, but is VERY understanding of K9. When their last dogs died many years ago, they let the program die out of no enthusiasm. This department is extremely K9 friendly, and wants this program to thrive. The chief for the department personally set out and revived the K9 dept. when he was elected chief of police 1yr ago.

I'll be working OJT with K9 doing interdiction work starting in 3 weeks until later in the year when I start working a dog, but of course I have to finish my field training time. I'll be moving full time by the end of the year.

We did some pretty good training today. We've got a cool place to train. A couple of VERY good dogs on the department. One got a live bite on me in training yesterday #-o . It would have been worse had I not been quick enough. I'll post some pics of training in a couple of weeks.

~CHRIS DUHON

·
Registered
759 Posts
Chris, congratulations again!
Can't wait to hear about how everything is going, hear about the new dog and all of that other stuff that will just make me jealous :D
Good luck with everything, man!!!

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Congratulations. Keep your head down and back to the wall.

DFrost

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I will refrain from announcing which department unfortunately not everyone is your friend in the dog world and it wouldn't be cool for somebody who doesn't know me to start sending annonymous emails to the chief, like I'm sure that troll.....

We're building a distribution list of all police departments for emailing them when the time is right.

Congratulations, Chris!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congratulations Chris, sounds like an excellent spot for you. All your background is so well rounded. Anything we can for you in the future from
K-9 CRIME STOPPERS, Let me know.

BE SAFE
Bryan

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man, I go out of town, come back and look at this jibberish. Of course it would be Matt the "Quandor has his nuts" Hammond to start it off, LMAO!!
Lord knows Jeff will jump in on it for back up. Man, guy can't leave for a day without you guys eating him up.

It's funny though, my family keeps heckling me saying they only gave me one bullet, LOL! :smile:

~CHRIS DUHON

·
Registered
243 Posts
ONE BULLET, man thats one to many if you ask me........I agree with Jeff on all but one thing, they should make you lock it in your car so you can't lose it. Is the gun real or did they give you the propie red gun for awhile. Man your trigger happy a$$ on the streets, I know I won't be driving on I-10 thru Louisiana any time soon. ........HEY HEY Mr. December!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm with Ann, I want a calendar! My vote for the dog is a bad ass Mal or Dutchie.

Matt, we'll just have to keep both hands on the wheel when we drive through LA on I-10, and I mean high up on the wheel.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts