Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
Here are new pictures of Miya. She went with us to Search and Rescue training today. I didn't want to leave her at home. She travels great in her crate. She only got me up once last night Very outgoing little personality. Her breeder did a great job picking her out for me. Very confident, not afraid of anything, very curious. When she met the other dogs at SAR training she just went right up and said hello, not realizing she was a fraction of their size. We have a beagle on the team and she grabbed hold of his leash and was leading him around. I wish I had my video camera because I could have won some money on Americas funniest videos.

[/img]

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Yes, beautiful pup! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello guys, I hadn't realized it had been so long since I had posted.
Miya has started her SAR training by doing runaways.
To bring you up to date:
At 12 wks this is what I posted on another forum:
Well.....We went to training today. We did our baby runaways and our operations leader said" I just want to see what level Miya really is". So we set up a runaway and he held Miya and I showed her a treat and held her face so she would look at me and told her to find me. I then ran off about 15 yards, jumped up and down calling her name (looking like a fool), they then turned her so she couldn't see me. She was fighting them trying to get away from them. I ran at an angle away from where I was about 8 yards and layed down in some tall brush. They then turned her around and said "find-em". she took off like a rocket headed over to where she last saw me. About 3/4 of the way there, she stopped immediately, her head went up, her nose was up and her ears went forward. she then went into a dead run, right to me. Of course I loved her up and gave her treats. But mind you this puppy is 12 wks old. My leaders exact words were "this dog is shit hot".

This is what happened today: Miya is 15 wks and at training yesterday I got some pictures. I had forgotten my camera so it was taken with a camera that I couldn't crop the pictures and keep the resolution.
We saw what drive and heart Miya has yesterday. During her run the wind died. Most puppies at this age will panic and not know what to do. Miya didn't give up she kept working the cone until she found my scent again. I was very pleased.

Here are pictures of today's training

I have worked hard with Miya to have a great bond. It shows, she leaps out of the helpers hands to find me

following the scent

This is when the wind died, she paused before working the cone

She found my scent and coming into me. I am in the middle of evergreen trees

waiting for a treat for a job well done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts