Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,867 Posts
Seing eye dogs arre commonly kept the first year by foster parents. Often time Scout organizations, 4-H groups, etc, do this. Now turning a puppy over to a bunch of college kids :eek: :eek: :eek: .
Talk about your party animal!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob Scott said:
Seing eye dogs arre commonly kept the first year by foster parents. Often time Scout organizations, 4-H groups, etc, do this. Now turning a puppy over to a bunch of college kids :eek: :eek: :eek: .
Talk about your party animal!
No kidding. Bet you end up with either a social dog or a basket case. Wonder if that special therapy pit bull came from this program.

I bet you $10 these dogs bolt if they hear anything words remotely connected to a frat hazing ritual... :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I read that article and thought pretty much the same thing. However; a little history. the first explosives detector dog in the United States to find a functioning IED was part of a doctoral thesis. It was the work of a University of Mississippi student back in the very early 70's. The dog's name was Brandy. So you never know what you might get out of some "college" kids.

DFrost

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
*Ahem* As a point of clarification, no matter what Bob thinks, grad students aren't college kids. I was much cooler in my undergrad days. Now all I do in grad school is hang out with old married people, most of whom train dogs. 8)

·
Premium Member
21,867 Posts
Maren Bell Jones said:
*Ahem* As a point of clarification, no matter what Bob thinks, grad students aren't college kids. I was much cooler in my undergrad days. Now all I do in grad school is hang out with old married people, most of whom train dogs. 8)
Probably explains why I never made it out of my freshman year. :D :D
I went back when I was 50.........and that was a dern long time ago. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.