Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for Selena or anyone with experience with KNPV dogs. I am looking for more information on KNPV in general. I would like websites with videos artices ect. I am trying to explain to a local police dept why a dog with its foundation in KNPV would be better than Schutzhund. They have a high failue rate out of the dogs that they buy. Also Selena I am wondering what is the price that KNPV dogs go for? Like basic foundation work all the way to fully titled. Thanks Greg

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
on my site are vids of biting excercises under onze hollanders> spike or Robbie.

An explanation of excercises incl scoresheet is on the Von Christels´s site : http://members.atlantic.net/~vcristel/index.htm
and Seven pines site http://www.sevenpineskennel.com/ I believe. Score sheets maybe outdated, maximum score on PH1 is 440 nowadays (PH2 455).

I only know dutch prices for green dogs or fully trained dogs. I know that´s less than what a K9 centre will charge. A good dutch broker -in my eyes- is K9 midden nederland: http://www.k9dogcentre.com/

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Greg Leavitt said:
now dutch prices are much different then what they would charge an American is that right? what are the dutch prices for like a ph 1 and ph2 dogs?
For a good PH1 dog (with high points) about 4500 euro.
Green dogs or dogs with (a bit) foundation varies from 500-2000 euro, depending how good they show.

PH2 and Obj. are usually trialed if the dog stays with his handler (competion, breeding, companion/pet).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Greg,are they buying these dogs fully trained or are they purchasing adults simply with sport titles and no further training. I have several KNPV trained Dutch Shepherds and just picked up two Mals at the airport yesterday. BUT,the dog still must be thoroughly evaluated for police work :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Renee please email me with details, local deptments are looking for dogs with bitework, that can be evaled and trained further to do patrol work. They were told that sch dogs would be good and I have recently been explaining why dogs with a knpv or ring or for that matter most sports would be better than sch. I personally want a knpv german shepherd to compete and do other sport and demos for police with. Greg

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Greg Leavitt said:
I see on your website that you dont ship pups whats the reason for this? Also do you know of any ph1 dogs available? I would love to get one.
At the moment no, most PH1 dogs who will be sold are available after the spring trials in may, summertrial in juli or falltrial in october.

And we don´t ship puppies ´cause we want buyers to see the puppies in their own enviroment, shipping is a heavy experience for a little pup. And if they really, really want a pup of us, they will take this effort to travel to us:wink:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, good luck my friend finding a GSD capable of KNPV. Very,very few can hack it :) . Get a Mal or a Dutchie :D :D
I sell fully trained police service dogs. Nice dogs are very high overseas now. We are competing with a herd of folks for these nice dogs. For that reason,I rarely sell dogs unless fully trained. The days of picking up a nice titled dog for a reasonable amount are over. That is why I am breeding Mals,Dutchies and Labs. We Americans have got to STOP being dependent on Europe for our dogs. The shipping is sky high too. pardon the pun
I will email you privately and give you some suggestions though for folks that I know who will. :D

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
susan tuck said:
I would check out Koos Hassing's Tiekerhook Kennel in the Netherlands for a GSD suitable for KNPV.
No Tiekerhook dogs in KNPV as far as I know, most GSD´s competing in KNPV are from ´t Heuske kennel at this moment.

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I can only attest to the shortage of good dogs and the high prices when you do find one. Good granny grunt, it's getting ridiculous. Renee is absolutely correct about regardless of what title a dog may have, it still must be evaluated for police work.

DFrost

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Tim Martens said:
www.adlerhorst.com they are in southern california. they usually have a few PH1's in stock. they average about $7500 US. also vohne liche in indiana keeps PH1's.
For whatever its worth, I bought a dog from Vohne Liche a few years ago (Riot - the one in my avatar photo). I also know someone who deals with him on a regular basis. She finds him to be very fair and honest. IME - Ken is a nice guy to do business with. At the time I bought Riot, Ken's prices were comparable to other well-known importers/brokers.

·
Registered
705 Posts
ken does have some nic dogs one of the police k9s i am working with is from him. the only thing i would say is that the department that has this dog looked at like 150 dogs before they got him.

·
Registered
705 Posts
my only thing greg and not to be an ass but how are you gonna tell a police department about how one dog sport is better than the other if you know nothing about it. im not tryin to bust on anyone. but i would do some research first.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well the chief is my uncle and it was while we were watching boxing drinking beer in my living room. pretty casual, i basically thru it out there and he said well get me more info.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Konnie Hein said:
Tim Martens said:
www.adlerhorst.com they are in southern california. they usually have a few PH1's in stock. they average about $7500 US. also vohne liche in indiana keeps PH1's.
For whatever its worth, I bought a dog from Vohne Liche a few years ago (Riot - the one in my avatar photo). I also know someone who deals with him on a regular basis. She finds him to be very fair and honest. IME - Ken is a nice guy to do business with. At the time I bought Riot, Ken's prices were comparable to other well-known importers/brokers.
gregg tawney bought all of the dogs on his department from vohne liche and i believe he had a pleasant experience (gregg did not get his dog from them and one dog came from another department, so i guess that means he bought 4 or 5 there). i know he got some nice dogs. he also said they did have a VERY large selection (100+ although not all PH1's of course)...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts