Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
nope. i'm an avid stern fan, so i've been hearing a lot of imus the last two days since imus stepped in it. i've been enjoying listening to that baffoon try and dig himself out...

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I've tried to listen to his program on several different days, but could never get into it. Someone on a news program today described him as a political intellectual shock jock. Maybe the few times I listened to his program were off days because I didn't get that impression. [-( (That, or the commentary flew over my head).:-k

I thought the remarks were incredibly calous, hurtful and tacky, but I'm uncomfortable with the idea of him being censored because what's good for the goose is good for the gandor. If he can be censored for racist remarks what's to stop someone from being censored when they make politically unpopular remarks?

Does anyone else see this as a slippery slope?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I used to listen to him when he was funny. years ago he was always drunk or stoned and didn't care what he said, some really funny stuff came out of that!. 20 yrs ago he would have laughed this incident off, now he's backing up and kissing Al Sharptons ass (remember the Tawanna Brawly hoax that ruined lives, nobody brings THAT up to that creep) . Imus ought to retire just for suckin up to the right reverand Al,

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Only time I try to watch Imus is when he has Delbert McClinton on. Been a fan of Delbert for years. Imus isn't what he used to be. There was a time when he really was a well informed shock jock. Can't stand Stern.

DFrost

1 - 8 of 8 Posts