Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
my dad, it probably would cost me a lot of tears and stamping my feet to the ground.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would have to say Lisa Maze ;) My obedience always needs the most work and she is brilliant in that department. She has a good eye for perfection and it shows in her dogs.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
i'd have to say ed frawley...

of course i'm kidding. i would love the opportunity to train with some of the dutch in KNPV. our own dick van leeuwen would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I'd want to train with a guy by the name of Fritz (probably not his real name) Heinrich. He was my first instructor, in Germany in 1966. I wish I could have spent more time with him then. He's long dead now, he was an SS paratrooper during WWII, a crude, but very interesting man.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Modern day trainers! Balabanov.

"Koehler"! YIKES!
He was definately effective but so is driving a 10penny nail with a sledge hammer.
I still got his books though. Bought em new! :lol:

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
I'm gonna take it as far as I can. This is my first total motavational dog and so far it's been working well.
I don't think I have the real super precision in my dog but I blame a lot of that on to many years of yank and crank. It hasn't come real natural/easy for me.
Some of the young folks (30s) on the club that have never trained before are doing fantistic with it. OB AND BITE WORK!
My tracking! Well, I'm just to friggin lazy/bored with this FST stuff.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I prefer all variety of trainers so much has evolved in Just last 10 years. If you look at top dogs from the late 80,s early 90's they wouldnt make the top 25 today. Some of favorite,s that I have had oppurtunity train with in recently for schutzhund Ivan, Dean Calderon, and Stefan Schaub this guy we had come to our club from germany only his second trip to US last month.
Clear and simple but very effective methods check out at
www.von-der-staatsmacht.de/

(cleaned my dirty dog up in just a couple of a sesions) and he is still clean and as calm as he was before I added obedience to protetion. Still work in progress but well on the way with a new aproach.

What makes all these guys stand out is experience as this is what they do for a living.

I have much longer list when comes to tracking and scent work but that would be another topic.

Dan Reiter

·
Registered
92 Posts
You can click on videos and see him doing some bite work.
(Videos U-Kontakt).
He is employed full time by Nato working with a Malinois bomb detector dog he prefers shepherds but in Europe a good shepherd can cost up to 7000 EU but Mals can be purchased for 2500 EU . Also does muzzle, suit work for the dual purpose dogs for a number of police agency. I am sure we will have him back.

Dan

·
Registered
471 Posts
There are many people who are very good on training and understanding dogs, you can learn from many I guess. Probably unheard of in US, but extremly knowledgeable and a bit of "legends" in Sweden would be,

Sven Järverud
Barbro Börjesson

Then there is a bunch of others that are a bit younger with long experience with both sportdogs of various disciplines and also different type of workingdogs for practical use.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts