Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.teacupandtoypetsboutique.com/Chihuahuas.html

Scroll down to the price list, when you get to the bottom of the pricelist, don't have a heart attack. Does anyone think anybody actually pays $14,850 for a byb bred chihuahua or is the breeder in the middle of a 10 day crack binge & suffering delusions of granduer?

I know this subject has been done to death, but I'm fired up & on a roll so I just had to bring it up one more time.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
susan tuck said:
http://www.teacupandtoypetsboutique.com/Chihuahuas.html

Scroll down to the price list, when you get to the bottom of the pricelist, don't have a heart attack. Does anyone think anybody actually pays $14,850 for a byb bred chihuahua or is the breeder in the middle of a 10 day crack binge & suffering delusions of granduer?

I know this subject has been done to death, but I'm fired up & on a roll so I just had to bring it up one more time.
I KNEW Paris Hilton would be featured on the site before I even clicked on the URL.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Lord, I just saw this part of the site:

http://www.teacupandtoypetsboutique.com/AdoptionPetInformation.html

Why buying their furry little wrecks are better than adopting out from the local shelter:

Adopting from Teacup And Toy Pets vs Adopting from SPCA and Local Shelter. SPCA and Animal Shelters require that your pet be spayed or neutered immediately (Spay and Neuter Price ranges from $75.00 to $250.00 in addition to your adoption fee.)

It is mandatory that your pet be spayed or neutered and given all of its puppy vaccines including rabies within a certain time period or you may have to pay a fine thru the city that you live in. SPCA and Animal Shelters do not offer any type of health guarantee,their pets are offered AS IS.
I don't know what shelters they are talking about, but our local shelter adoption fee is $90 for: spay/neuter, all basic shots (rabies, DHPP, bordatella), heartworm test, microchipping, coupon for a free vet visit, a free ID tag, even a free training DVD and 20% coupons for 3 local pet stores. This would be worth well over $300. Yeah, they are offered as is, they are shelter pets no thanks to unscrupulous backyard breeders!! Kudos to many outstanding responsible breeders who help out with shelter work and breed rescue.

Teacup And Toy Pets now offers their adoption pets with a 4 day health guarantee and puppy starter package. Most animal adoption centers require that your home be inspected before they will consider your application and will need to interview your family before they will allow you to adopt one of their pets.
A FOUR DAY HEALTH GUARANTEE?! WOW! What a deal. :roll: :roll: Many shelters actually give a 2 week return policy. Oh you mean breed rescues (as I don't know of any animal shelters around here who do home checks) might actually want to make sure you're not doing a impulse type adoption? No way!!

It is also very rare that they will have any small breeds and almost never have Toy Breeds. SPCA and Animal Shelters do not offer pet shipping for pets available at their locations.

Teacup And Toy Pets at your request offers pet shipping to most locations in the U.S.A. When you adopt a new puppy you need to keep your puppy on his / her vaccines as well as have your puppy's health checked.

It is highly recommended that you have a stool sample done to check for worms and other parasites, regardless of whom you adopt or purchase your puppy from.
*checks my shelter's Petfinder site for small dogs* I found 26 dogs beagle size or smaller, including: several min pins, a Lhasa, two Italian greyhound mixes (siblings), a poodle/Bichon mix, several small terrier mixes including a rat terrier and many beagles. Yeah, there are never ever any small dogs in shelters. Then again, it's a Missouri shelter and this is the puppy mill state. And yes, there are numerous "underground railroads" that transport from rescues all over the country.

SPCA and Animal Shelters do not offer a coupon for a free vet office visit. ( Average cost $50.00 to $100.00 ) At your request Teacup And Toy Pets will give you a coupon voucher for a local vet that will cover the cost of your first office visit.
Ummm...our shelter does. *grumble grumble*

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
susan tuck said:
$250. MINIMUM Shipping Fee
That's outrageous. Those manila envelopes into which you can stuff one of those damn rats costs like $1.70 at Office Depot.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
You're absolutely right, Susan. That place is despicable. :evil: :evil: And they act proud of the fact that they don't "make" you spay or neuter your wretched little overpriced furball like the evil animal shelters do. What absolutely kills me is that they have a Jesus fish on the corner of one of their pages. I am reminded of Proverbs 12:10: "A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal, but even the compassion of the wicked is cruel."

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Amanda Layne said:
Here is another that is disgusting.
http://www.brittanysanimalkingdom.com/
Wow, you win, that is a bad one. I don't feel bad for someone who would throw down $4,000-$14,000 for a 2 lb. Chihuahua...but not really crazy about the false advertising, 170 lb Rotts, and 140 lb. GSDs (1 y.o. "protectors") on that site. Yikes. Bad. I like the "Level 3: Dog will Bite" protection training they offer.

I also like the guidance they give on their working GSDs, Rotts, and Dobes in their FAQ:
#8. We don't have a lot of room for a dog that large "to run" but I really want one of your dogs.

The biggest secret about our dogs is that they don't want room to run-- they want YOU to be with them. If you provide your dog with quality time which means having him with you as much as you can, whether he is laying at your feet when you are on the computer, watching TV, or just exploring nature close to home, he will be in heaven just being able to enjoy your company. We breed our dogs with this type of temperament at the forefront. Your dog will not need to be amused with a lot of activity, ball playing, or food rewards. His ultimate aim will be to be in your good graces, be assured he is loved and enjoyed by you just for being himself. This is the same thing we in the human family want.
My dog heard me read that and laughed at me. Nothing Annie likes better than watching me watch TV. And surfing the internet. Because she lurves me.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Translation:

"The biggest secret about our dogs is that they're lazy and have bad hips so can't run anyway-- they have no CHOICE but to be with you! We breed dogs who are lazy driveless dysplastic crap at the forefront. Your dog will not need to be amused with a lot of activity because these magnificent driveless beasts have no joy in life, if they had any less food drive they'd starve themselves to death, but thanks to this unbalanced breeding our dogs are really defensive so they'll put on a really good show with curled lips n all, n as long as you don't hit the dog with a whip he'll fearbite you in the butt when you're not looking. His ultimate aim will be to not be put down because you can't afford the hip surgery. This is the same thing we in the human family want: useless kids that will never amount to anything so they can continue our pointless breeding program."
;)

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well $hit howdy....we have all been doing protection work ass backwards. Thanks to Amanda, we can all go to this website get a Rottie that looks like Jabba the Hut on steroids & train protection the RIGHT way:

LEVEL 1: Growl on Command
LEVEL 2: Bark on Command
LEVEL 3: Waddle over as fast as you can, go in for a cheap shot, then
run back & hide behind me

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mike Schoonbrood said:
Translation:

"The biggest secret about our dogs is that they're lazy and have bad hips so can't run anyway-- they have no CHOICE but to be with you! We breed dogs who are lazy driveless dysplastic crap at the forefront. Your dog will not need to be amused with a lot of activity because these magnificent driveless beasts have no joy in life, if they had any less food drive they'd starve themselves to death, but thanks to this unbalanced breeding our dogs are really defensive so they'll put on a really good show with curled lips n all, n as long as you don't hit the dog with a whip he'll fearbite you in the butt when you're not looking. His ultimate aim will be to not be put down because you can't afford the hip surgery. This is the same thing we in the human family want: useless kids that will never amount to anything so they can continue our pointless breeding program."
;)
Sad thing is.........it's the TRUTH! I hope one of her giants........eats her.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Awesome. Tell her you would also like to know how big she breeds her Mals, and if 200 lb Mals make good cart dogs.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ya she said that sch is really usless that her dogs naturally track and protect you so you really dont need to do anything. Nice! i am wondering why all the local police departments dont just buy her dogs and fire all their trainers? I told her to email me since I had to run that way I can paste email here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.