Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
except I am running out of freezer space! I just had the neighbours drop off 5 big boxes of venison trimmings and bones in addition to the stuff I have been given earlier in the week. People around here are very thrifty and hate to see waste so they are glad to give it and see it put to good use.
Lynn-of-the Three-Freezers is going to have to get another freezer soon.... \:D/

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's worthwhile getting even a small one - then you can take advantage of cheap meat or free meat. I have a another friend that raised some organic beef and lambs and I got all the stuff that alot of people don't eat like heart, livers, tongues, kidneys etc all nicely cut and wrapped from the butcher shop. Then there was the free cow - which was alot of work but filled the freezer. We like variety here and a peeking inside my freezer really creeps some people out what the the bags of chicken feet and scaly beaver tails and whatnot poking out but the dogs eat really well. The meat I buy 400 lbs at a time but I like to have some space for freebies and bones and fish and stuff. It's kind of funny because I am not a big meat eater myself and don't eat it everyday for sure but the dogs get lots of it.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Lynn Cheffins said:
It's worthwhile getting even a small one - then you can take advantage of cheap meat or free meat. I have a another friend that raised some organic beef and lambs and I got all the stuff that alot of people don't eat like heart, livers, tongues, kidneys etc all nicely cut and wrapped from the butcher shop. Then there was the free cow - which was alot of work but filled the freezer. We like variety here and a peeking inside my freezer really creeps some people out what the the bags of chicken feet and scaly beaver tails and whatnot poking out but the dogs eat really well. The meat I buy 400 lbs at a time but I like to have some space for freebies and bones and fish and stuff. It's kind of funny because I am not a big meat eater myself and don't eat it everyday for sure but the dogs get lots of it.
Oh, I do agree that I could probably cut my dogs' food costs by 25% if I had even the half-chest size (which is what I want, so it will fit in the kitchen and not have to go into the detached garage).

Even without a free cow :eek: \:D/ , I could stock up on fish at the harbor every so often, and sales on range chicken.......... I gotta get on that.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Woody posted an article about a guy that was caught trying to push a dead deer home.
Guess he wanted it for his freezer. :D :D

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Bob Scott said:
Woody posted an article about a guy that was caught trying to push a dead deer home.
Guess he wanted it for his freezer. :D :D
That's a hell of a way to push a dead deer. :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for that image, old man.

Edited to add that I wonder what that special therapy pit bull would make of that situation.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Well........that's what the nun told us when the two dogs were going at in in the school yard.
"His friend must be hurt so he's pushing him home". :eek: :lol: :lol:
And she did say his and him! :lol: :lol:
I don't think anyone bought it. :D :D :wink:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
HeyWoody! I just realized that you got rid of "my" pic.
Now I'm depressed. :( :lol:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Bob Scott said:
HeyWoody! I just realized that you got rid of "my" pic.
Now I'm depressed. :( :lol:
My dog had started focusing on it rather than me during ob sessions. You've got that gift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts