Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out today...I'm now officially a member of the University of Missouri's College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2011!! *squee*

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! Now I just have to finish up this blankety blank masters thesis this week over spring break and get ready to defend. Connie, we start mid August or thereabouts. By the time I'm done, vet school will probably be a breeze compared to grad school. *aggravated sigh*

And sure, bring the dogs on by for free checkups on the house. ;-) Even Jeff, as I'm likely to end up in Colorado eventually one of these days.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Excellent Maren! Bet you'll love that large animal rotation!
Thanks Becky! LOL, yeah, horses, llamas, and the smaller ruminants (goats, sheep, etc) are all fine, but I'm not a fan of cattle or pigs. Nothing like having your hand up the cow's butt while it's simultaneously trying to kick, crap, and piss on you. *eye roll* I wouldn't mind being a mixed practice vet and including exotics too, but easy on the cattle, please! Then again, there's not that many smaller family farms out there left. Most big cattle productions these days have their own vets, not the local doc in town.

I'm probably going to try for a residency in veterinary behavior, but I wouldn't want to do that 100% of the time telling people they screwed up their own dog. I do that as it is right now, I just would get paid a lot more for it. ;-) I'm still vaguely considering the Army Veterinary Corps, but only if I could work with the military working dogs down in Lackland AFB. That'd be pretty cool. I've heard they have amazing facilities.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.