Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I am not a cowgirl anymore. I traded the horses off for some dogs. then I traded the dogs off for a little baby boy. So I am a dog-less dog trainer/mom/vet tech from San Antonio, Texas. :) Plan to get a mal or dutch soon though- once we get our house.
I know most of you from Leerburg forum, but I'd like to see what's going on over here too! Not gonna have too muh time to be on much though. I am too busy with my new website called saDOGlist.com. It's still coming soon, but it will be a dog business directory for all of San Antonio. People can search for groomes, vets, trainers, and all sorts of dog related businesses in our local area. If anyone on the forum is from San Antonio also, please get in contact with me so you can help with the site!
I am also going to the Mondioring Nationals this weekend so maybe I will meet a few of you there! I am the woman with the toddler and hubby, whining to go home :)lol Us dog training nuts! If I get any good pics or videos I will let you know!
Cool forum!

Alison Voore

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome! I am FROM Texas also. (Will always be home) I always joke about how people from Texas are PROUD of where they are from! haha

I am in North Carolina now, and I am owned by 2 dobermans and a boxer.

Welcome :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is anyone else going to be at the mondioring nationals on Sunday in Austin?
Yes, I am proud to be a Texan, too!

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Howdy and welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum. I miss San Antonio, the fiestas, the mud parade and NIOSA.

DFrost

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MR nat= Made it on Sunday, but they are pretty slow moving. I only got to see 2 of the mr3 routines (all that within 4 hours) and some flyball competition in the building next to the field. Two groups of totally different people. lol.
Learned alot and had fun talking about dogs. Man, I need a dog so bad!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wifes family is from San Anton. Great Town!!! She would love to move there. I'm usually the guy at trials with the two youngsters and the wife whinning to go home!!!:-D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome Alison! Nice to have another fellow Texas on board. We are in Magnolia just a bit NW of Houston. We have a client in San Antonio that has a pet sitting business. I'll have to get her web information for you to add to your site. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Jeff, are we still pushing for ringsport world domination?! lol :) Were you there? I got there at 1 on sunday and left at 5 only to see the chien blanc and 1 mr3 dog. It took forever. I don't know if that is how it usually goes or if they took a long itme altering the routine for mr3...? who knows. Wish it was more "entertaining" My 2 year old about wore my hubby out and they both begged to leave, so I gave it up. :( Not qualifiers for mr3. :( hmmm.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Can't we all just get along?! :) Ran into a couple old friends and saw some faces from some videos...

Some people take the dog training sutff too seriously. It can be a career and a hobby, yes, but there are more important things to life than an out command. :)

I was playing with my littel boy on the playground & I overheard several other children about 7-10 years old, arguing about who was more "dominant"-girls or boys. Can you believe it?! They don't even know what "dominant" is! Some parents didn't even check on their kids for the whole 4 hours I was there. Now the mondio people were not the only ones there- flyball was next door. I wander if the kids were "acting cool" using big words their parents say or if they maybe got fed some dog food by accident.

Well, just a little rant there folks!;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts