Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a video I took the other night of some of the environmental work we do with our USAR pups. This video is of Roxy playing around on a pile of construction debris in a building (mostly cardboard, wood and drywall).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnnCwmEuRcc&mode=user&search=

It doesn't look like much, but there are a lot of supposedly strong adult dogs out there who won't climb on stuff like this. Not only is it unstable (it moves when they walk on it), it is pretty noisy when they walk around on it too. Roxy was so comfortable that she wanted to lie around up there with her toy.

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
I love it. Roxy looks good.

I used to have a pile like that in my yard for my dogs to climb around on, but had to get rid of it. Just looked to trashy LOL So now we go hunt out piles of branches and stuff where people are clearing land, throw a few tarps in there, and have the dogs climb around on that. And I still have my small pile, but it's small enough I can pick everything up, then just rebuild it for a day or two before I hide everything back under the trees again.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to have a pile like that in my yard for my dogs to climb around on, but had to get rid of it. Just looked to trashy LOL So now we go hunt out piles of branches and stuff where people are clearing land, throw a few tarps in there, and have the dogs climb around on that. And I still have my small pile, but it's small enough I can pick everything up, then just rebuild it for a day or two before I hide everything back under the trees again.
Being on 2 USAR teams, I'm lucky that we have an unlimited number of places to take the pups. I have to admit that I have a small log pile and a really junky (on purpose) agility course on my property though. It does look trashy! We're thinking of screening it with some evergreens :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts