Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Massachussetts this week and was pretty shocked at Kelly Healey's campaign for governor against Deval Patrick. Here are some other gems of our national skills at leveraging the lowest common denominator:

In Florida, this candidate sent out a mailer to Hispanic immigrants saying they could be deported for voting in an election:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2587334

The all-time classic is my main man Vernon Robinson. Beware of NC congressmen funding experiments on the naughty organs of coeds, Vernon tells us...right before he gets blown away on Hannity and Colmes (which should be a :

http://time.blogs.com/daily_dish/2006/10/youtube_of_the__15.html

I guess "rational debate" isn't really a patriotic notion anymore.

Would encourage you all, regardless of your political affiliation, to get educated on the ads you see. I try hard to do so. A good site is FactCheck.org. Another good one is The Real Truth.

Just kidding about the second link, that's the official homepage of North Korea, but it's about the only think I can find that's more despicable than some of the tactics our public servants are using.

·
Premium Member
21,867 Posts
Politicans are more and more becomming extreams of the left and right.
Nothing left for us middle roaders.
Do ANY of these idioits say what they will do for us/our country, or has it become nothing more then pointing out the opponent's flaws? :evil: :evil:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Bob Scott said:
Politicans are more and more becomming extreams of the left and right.
Nothing left for us middle roaders.
Do ANY of these idioits say what they will do for us/our country, or has it become nothing more then pointing out the opponent's flaws? :evil: :evil:
Yep, you're right.

I read a suggestion that we all find a left-ish blog, and a right-ish one, and a centrist one and read each one on any issue before deciding what it's really about.

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Our state is in the process of replacing the Bill Frist, who of course is the Senate Majority Leader. The political ads have gotten progressively worse on a daily basis. It's really disgusting. Democrat, Republican, Indipendant, I swear it's gotten to the point, in spite of the rhetoric, put them in a bag, shake them up and you can't tell them apart. Why a person would spend 20 million dollars for a job that pays 120,000 a year is beyond me. Come to think of it though, they all seem to improve their portfolios in some manner. The next election, which will be a presidential one, should be a real winner.

DFrost

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Woody, thanks for the link. I put it on my "favorites" because I'm having one hell of a time trying to figure things out. Here in Cali, prop 87 is the hot issue. It makes my brain hurt trying to figure out local issues, let alone state or federal elections. It's all soooo snarkey & discouraging.
Connie, when I tried your link I got "unknown zone".

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
susan tuck said:
Woody, thanks for the link. I put it on my "favorites" because I'm having one hell of a time trying to figure things out. Here in Cali, prop 87 is the hot issue. It makes my brain hurt trying to figure out local issues, let alone state or federal elections. It's all soooo snarkey & discouraging.
Connie, when I tried your link I got "unknown zone".
California is the worst I've seen. If all the money for TV ads from all the special interests groups ever got used for the people they actually gave a rip about, they'd solve their problems. And have enough left over for a big smelly hippie party.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.