Working Dog Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
"From that website:

On the molecular level, CLA resembles another type of fat called "linoleic acid" or LA. (Both CLA and LA have 18 carbon atoms and two double bonds holding the chain together. The main difference is in the placement of those bonds.) However, CLA and LA appear to have opposite effects on the human body. For example, LA promotes tumor growth but CLA blocks it."

Is this true? CLA is directly from grassfeeding.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
"From that website:

On the molecular level, CLA resembles another type of fat called "linoleic acid" or LA. (Both CLA and LA have 18 carbon atoms and two double bonds holding the chain together. The main difference is in the placement of those bonds.) However, CLA and LA appear to have opposite effects on the human body. For example, LA promotes tumor growth but CLA blocks it."

Is this true? CLA is directly from grassfeeding.
I've read about the suppression effect of conjugated linoleic acid (an enzymatic conversion of linoleic acid) on breast cancer cells, but don't have any great understanding of it.

Or, in fact, any understanding at all of the mechanism.

·
Registered
77 Posts
But I don't consider fish oil and the E needed to process it as "pills" .... I see the modern grain-fed slaughter-animal diet as being unnaturally (and very recently) lopsided and heavy in Omega 6s. There are now very few ways to correct that without long-chain Omega 3s from marine sources.
Connie - I was referring to high dose cal. or Vit. C in particular that seem to invouge currently.

To Ted and others that questioned the ammount of Veg & Fruit in my feeding program, I've reread my post and I see that I wasn't very clear or accurate in my writting, please acept my apologies.

When I make up batch of BARF I puree 75% Veg to 25% Fruit. That prueed mixture is mixed with Fish, Foul or Meat in a 2 to 1 ratio. Which is about APPX. 70%-30% Veg/Fruit to Meat. per my origanal post. Also, I view cooking as an art, not a science project hence my ammounts are not stictly measured.

Were I was in error is not being clear about my feeding program overall. I really look at feeding on a weeklly basis NOT Daily. What I sould have commented on is the fact that there are several Meaty bone feeding each, week, several muscle meat(Fish, Foul or Meat) each week. Along with the BARF mix. Concidering the weekly diet I run more toward a 40%(V/F)-60 %(M) to a mix. Which does fluctuate based on conditioning load.

In a very subjective and Non-Scientific observation, I find my dogs best preformance is see with more strachy/fruit ratio BARF for a meal or two PRIOR to hard conditioning, followed by a meaty bone/muscle meat meal to hasten recovey. The next feeding always includeds yogurt.

Again my apologies for not presenting my thoughts eariler in a clear manner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I'm looking to adopt a ferret in the next couple of months, and I wanna make sure I know as much as I can before I do. So without further ado, here are my questions.
  1. What cage size is best recommended?
  2. where should I adopt from?
  3. do they need another ferret to be with them, or is human companionship socially enough?
  4. What is the best way to deal with the smell?
  5. What toys are best?
  6. How long will it take for them to be comfortable in new surroundings?
  7. How well do they do with other animals, like dogs per se?
  8. How often do they need to be bathed and let out to run freely? And any other tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you! (I apologize if this is not the right place to post this)

ferret grooming

41 - 44 of 44 Posts