Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I used to have some NASTY slingshots when I was a kid. Very dangerous.

But...yeah, this is a bit silly. Maybe he sharpened the bottle cap? :lol: It's like that Mythbusters where they sharpened the edges of the playing cards and threw them into targets. Which was cool as hell.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Glad I grew up (well sorta) at the time I did, else I would've had a record before 11. Personally I think this is going a tad to far....yeah punish the kid but handcuffs, leg irons and a juvie record?

·
Registered
635 Posts
This is a funny question...and curiously - on my desk at THIS VERY moment - lie 8 Salvadorean handmade slingshots for my kids and their friends. No danger of lawsuits here. My kids only rule is that if they kill something, they must eat it. Needless to say, we've eaten blackbird more than a few times.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Andres,can you get me one of those too? :D Those are cool!

I had bb guns and pellet rifles more than slingshots.We used to shoot each other..no lawsuits though.I did manage to shoot myself with a .22 once.If I only new I could have sued the maker of the gun and been rich by now... :cry: Actually, I dont believe in lawsuits unless there is a seriuosly good reason like spilling my coffee at the drive through... :x .

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Greg Long said:
I dont believe in lawsuits unless there is a seriuosly good reason like spilling my coffee at the drive through... :x .
Actually a pretty ugly thing that happened to that lady. Note the parts about the 3rd degree burns and McDonald's unwillingness to pay for her medical bills.

http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It's all part of the wussafication of America :roll: Kids can't even have normal school ground fights anymore. I'll bet the "pellet" was a stone or something. I guess today a pellet and tomorrow the trenchcoat mafia......

·
Registered
528 Posts
pussified :lol:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi Connie, i'd like to take credit for the term, but i heard it on HBO, it was a story on how schools have made dodgeball out to be almost criminal. Check out my avatar (thanks Mike) thats the awesome puppy that i've got for awhile, super cool dog, bites so hard for a puppy! And we're doing really good together learning FST. The light bulb goes on in this dogs head every day, he's learning so fast, lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Andres, I want the 4th one from the right.......they're fabulous!!!!!

My brother and I had to eat a few wren and blackbirds as kids but, we used bb guns. :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
Reminds me of the story locally when a 5th grader made a book report project about the red badge of courage and used like vintage soliders that were holding guns and was suspended for bringing a gun to school, its gone way too far in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
A combination of an old car tire innertube and the 2 posts on the schoolyard basketball backboard could make a slingshot to put a tennis ball through a window at the Gallagher's house down the street from the school yard............or so I heard. :D :D

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Bob Scott said:
A combination of an old car tire innertube and the 2 posts on the schoolyard basketball backboard could make a slingshot to put a tennis ball through a window at the Gallagher's house down the street from the school yard............or so I heard. :D :D
Heard through the grapevine, huh? :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
susan tuck said:
OH YEAH, BOB, Those babies are grrrrrrrrreat for lobbing fruit across a lake at your enemies. :lol:
Very easy to streach between your feet when in a prone position. Heard that somewhere also. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts