Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here. Mike Schoonbrood sent me the link a while back, and it got lost in the shuffle 'til recently. I'm glad I saw it! Congrats on your format and specially on your style: friendly exchanges!
I trained intervention dogs here during aproximately ten years, having learned a bit about decoying while in college in the US, for four years prior to that. Then I stopped training altogether (dogs, that is) because I had kids...five to be exact...and only had time for my personal dog.
I've owned and bred Malinois for the past 25 years; my last one passed away a few years ago. My current dog is a Dutch Shepherd. He's 16 months old.
I've started with the intervention dogs again, as a means to more decoys and scenarios for my dog. He's coming along well.
At 9 months...

Cheers to all.
Andres.
BTW, My name appears as Andes (like the mountain range). How do I get it changed to Andres, with an "r"?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Al, Intervention is actually a translation from Spanish. It's a much less refined version (from a policy and administrative perspective) than SWAT.
Selena, my puppy is from the vastenow kennel.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Andres Martin said:
Al, Intervention is actually a translation from Spanish. It's a much less refined version (from a policy and administrative perspective) than SWAT.
Selena, my puppy is from the vastenow kennel.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
You are getting mod-attacked. ;-)

What part of El Salvador are you from...and are you training for military, police, or both? What are primary uses for dogs down there? Just read a lot about M13 and stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,750 Posts
Andres Martin said:
Selena...you know about dutchie bloodlines?

:lol: :lol:
I really like the looks of your dogs.
Yeahh It looks like I do :lol: 8) More about non-papered KNPV bloodlines (dutchie and mal) and FCI Mals (my dad and stephmum used to breed them and did KNPV aswell as IPO, and not without results :wink: ).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.