Working Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here. Mike Schoonbrood sent me the link a while back, and it got lost in the shuffle 'til recently. I'm glad I saw it! Congrats on your format and specially on your style: friendly exchanges!
I trained intervention dogs here during aproximately ten years, having learned a bit about decoying while in college in the US, for four years prior to that. Then I stopped training altogether (dogs, that is) because I had kids...five to be exact...and only had time for my personal dog.
I've owned and bred Malinois for the past 25 years; my last one passed away a few years ago. My current dog is a Dutch Shepherd. He's 16 months old.
I've started with the intervention dogs again, as a means to more decoys and scenarios for my dog. He's coming along well.
At 9 months...

Cheers to all.
Andres.
BTW, My name appears as Andes (like the mountain range). How do I get it changed to Andres, with an "r"?

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Welcome Andres! Nice looking dog.
I'm sure someone smarter then me, will fix your name. You may be able to go back into your profile and change it yourself.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Al, Intervention is actually a translation from Spanish. It's a much less refined version (from a policy and administrative perspective) than SWAT.
Selena, my puppy is from the vastenow kennel.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Andres Martin said:
Al, Intervention is actually a translation from Spanish. It's a much less refined version (from a policy and administrative perspective) than SWAT.
Selena, my puppy is from the vastenow kennel.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
You are getting mod-attacked. ;-)

What part of El Salvador are you from...and are you training for military, police, or both? What are primary uses for dogs down there? Just read a lot about M13 and stuff.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Military and Police, together. We have joint task forces. Dogs are used to apprehend, mostly.

Selena...you know about dutchie bloodlines?

:lol: :lol:
I really like the looks of your dogs.

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Andres Martin said:
Selena...you know about dutchie bloodlines?

:lol: :lol:
I really like the looks of your dogs.
Yeahh It looks like I do :lol: 8) More about non-papered KNPV bloodlines (dutchie and mal) and FCI Mals (my dad and stephmum used to breed them and did KNPV aswell as IPO, and not without results :wink: ).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts