Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Saskia, en I come from Texel. A small island in Holland.
I am the lucky owner of 2 wolfgrey German Shepherd dogs. :D
The first one is a 4 years old female, called Vita, with SchH1. I had to get her out of the sport because she's got heart-problems. :(
The second one is Devil: a 13 months old male with just succeded for his BH/VZH (or how do you call that?) with 57 point. In april he will be old enough for his first SchH examination. This male has extreme drives, in all parts of the schutzhund training. He loves tracking, is fantastic in obedience and very powerfull in protection. His attacks are even scary to look at, he goes full speed into the sleeve, doesnt understands what 'carefull' means... :lol:

Here some pictures from them:
Devil in action, 10 months old:

Devil after a swimm:

My beautifull dog Vita:

Vita and Devil, Vita is the biggest, Devil the fastest... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Saskia Stark said:
Hahaha that's right... :lol:
I already read here since the beginning of this forum, but i never registrated before, because i thought my english was not good enough to write anything here. :oops:
Don't worry about it, most of us suck at English, and you can curse out people in your native tongue and most of us won't realize it.

Beautiful dogs, wow. Just awesome. That picture of Vita walking that perimeter is one of the prettiest pictures I have seen posted in the forum so far.

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Saskia Stark said:
Hahaha that's right... :lol:
I already read here since the beginning of this forum, but i never registrated before, because i thought my english was not good enough to write anything here. :oops:
duhhhhh...je ziet mij toch ook schrijven met de nodige fouten :roll: ze snappen me...da´s het belangrijkste.

Don´t worry, they seem to understand me, and my english isnt great either :wink:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Welcome!
Beautiful sables!
Your english is much better then most of our........anything! :D :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Welcome, and please don't let your use of the English language stop you from posting. I've been speaking english all my life (well the southern version of it anyway) and I still have problems with it. Besides, you speak a lot better english than I speak Dutch.

Those are really some beautiful dogs.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
iets van post meer foto´s van je mooie honden...en dat zonder spaanse les, gokje.

Andres something like: post more pictures of your beautiful dogs? (without any spanish lessons..a quess)

Ja Jan van Bayca :wink:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welkom Saskia,

I love your dogs, where did you get them? By the way, don't worry about your english it is pretty good. At least you are willing to have a go at a second language and going by the response :wink: .... evrybody got your message 8) 8)
I didn't realize that Texel is so populated now, my brother goes there every year with his family for vacation, they love it. It's a long....time since I was in Texel and Den Helder.
As you see even the Koningin participates, invited by Woody.

Gr Rob

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My first dog comes from the kennel Shirroja's, a kennel on Texel. This was the first German Shepherd dog litter in their kennel, and also the last. They wanted to breed with one of their own puppy's, but 2 off this litter became ill. One is dead, and the other one (my dog) has some pretty serious problems with her hearth and other things. Many times we thought she wouldn't make it, but right now she's doing pretty good!
She's a doughter of Leroy v Gelders Zoom and Piat v Scalindjo.
http://home.deds.nl/~herderfan/stbvita.html

The male come's from Von Djipy's Haus, also the first litter in this kennel. A son of Novak v Pluimenstein and Bodja v Scalindjo.
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/466582.html

Texel is very populated right now, and also very populair ( :eek: ). But that's also fantastic sometimes, especially when other dogsport-clubs are comming over a whole weekend to train with us, in the forrest, on the beach etc. Texel is fantastic for the dogsporter, not just for tracking but its also pretty cool to do bitework on the beach, or where-ever you want.

The bad sides of living on this island is that you always have to leave competitions early if you can't stay over somewhere. The last ferry leaves at 21.30... :(
Or... you can't be there early enough to see one of your favorites, because the first ferry on sunday in the winter leaves at 8 o'clock! :? :roll:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts