Working Dog Forums banner

Hi, From Albuquerque NM

552 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Hil Harrison 
#1 ·
Hi, My name is Jennifer L. Cooksey, and I reside in Albuquerque, NM but originally from NC. I own a 6 month old terv from working line malinios, I usually just call her a malinios :)

Actually my puppy came from the same litter as the two dogs that one of your forum members (Konnie Hein) owns, I was really suprised to see litter mates of Gretal here :)

Anyhow, I am doing Schutzhund with Gretal and so far she is amazing :)
Oh, I am new to this sport as well, so I have lots too learn, and generally read, and browse these forums instead of writing, so I will for the most part be silent :) .

Nice to meet you all, you sound like very passionate dog people from what I have read.

Jen

#4 ·
Indeed Welcome Jen, I did the breeding for you pup. Say Hello to David and Kevin for me. This was truly the best litter I have produced. Couldn't be any happier. Konnie has done amazing with her pups and has documented much of the work too. I had six of the pups flown out to me, and all of them are working out tremendously. We are doing diverse training with them, bite work, scent work, disaster you name it. GREAT to hear from you and good luck with your baby, please share photos or videos, she was my favorite pup and I nearly had her sent out to me.

Bryan Colletti

#6 ·
Hi Bryan,

Well, you did a good job! I will say hi to David and Kevin for you this Sunday. David has two of the other pups, they are pretty neat too, so like I said good job.

I will gladly share some photos with everyone, I will have to scan them later this week since I don't have a digital camera.

Anyhow, I could see how she would be your favorite, everyone that meets her just loves her :) I am so fortunate that you decided not to take her, although there are times I think what could she do in more experienced hands.

I am curious about something, are the pups you have very social, because Gretal is extremely sociable, she loves everyone, everything :), her litter mates at the club aren't like that, they are more neutral to people.

I was just curious about that :) Oh, she is a very inquisitive dog, I love that about her!

David, it is beautiful here, you will love it.

Anyhow, thank you guys for the warm welcoming :)

Jen

#7 ·
Of the six I took

One is a social nut, three are very friendly but serious as heart attacks, and two are not social at all with strangers, but once they become welcomed into the pack, they are welcomed everytime. My female Roxy is just that. It's amazing she remembers everyone she is ever met, even if it was only once and wags and wiggles for them. She will go up to strangers, put her paws on them, hug their leg, tail low, and stare them down. She is a very strong female indeed. I keep a close eye on her at all times, because there is nothing she won't jump on or into.

Most certainly stay in touch.
Be at peace
Bryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.