Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did you ever tweak your exp to the point of some decent results? if you did and posted them somewhere, let me know (is there a "search" function here?). last i remember reading, it needed some work yet to be a bit "valid".

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
No, we're still dinking around with it. Can't get a consistent control set up...I guess the best analogy is sighting in a gun...I can't get precision (my shot groupings) in my control tests. The g's the accelerometer is recording are all over the place, not repeatable at all and yielding statistical garbage.

And it's not coming in accurately, either. The shock of a normal correction, localized on a place on a dog's neck, should be coming in around the order of hundreds of g's of force. Not getting even close to that.

So basically I'm still messing with it, as time allows. Sorry for the delay. replicating a correction isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems like at the least, it'd take some sort of mechanical "arm" in order to deliver a replicatable upward force, and some kind of "dummy dog-neck" w/force sensors in it....it'd be interesting to set up, wish i was there to play around with it too :)

·
Premium Member
21,867 Posts
Are you testing for overall pressure or the actual pinch? Seems that would make a big difference. in readings. Overall pressure would be similar to a choke collar. Just spread out more evenly. JMHO!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.