Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
<<<'shepinois' puppies yet?>>

Now that could be interesting. I'd like to see a couple of those in a year or so.

DFrost

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Yes they are here and I think she has only two left.

I too have seen these crosses hit HARD.

I like the name shepinois, that fits really well.

Both parents are AKC registered and both from great working lines. For course these will never be registered but who cares. Both parents are ball crazy, pups could even make good detection dogs.

Anyone else know of any good or bad things with this cross, Shepinios?

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I like the sound of it. I've, not to my knowledge anyway, never seen one. A little Shepherd might help calm the malinut. I've got a few mals working. I've never really been a big fan of them, although I do admire their intensity. I don't buy puppies though and (he says quietly under his breath) puppies bore me. I need dogs that are ready to start training.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
I think one of the mods on LB did crosses like that.
David, pups are ready to be trained by 6-7 wks old. :D :wink:

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
You guys have it all wrong! They are called MaliGSDeds (and rightly so!). :D I likely own one (or an ugly Mal). That would explain his ability to be both very destructive yet occasionally calm in the house at the same time. :roll: I don't know his momma or daddy, but his nerves could be better. He's more "talky" like a GSD than a Mal. His body looks mostly Mal, but he's got big ears and a somewhat shorter snout. This is peculiar to him, but he's got a soft mouth too (there will often be a few little blood on a tug after we're done), which I've been meaning to post on. His coloring sure is lovely in the sunset though.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
hate to break it to you people but the name shepinois did not originate in this thread...

i saw a real nice one of these that the county north of us has. looked like a 50/50 split between the two. the other one i've seen in a city not too far looks kind of like a sable GSD but with shorter hair and leaner/lankier than a GSD. the origins of this dog are unknown...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh wow, she only has two left? I didn't think they would be that old already! Or did you just mean they were all spoken for but two? Man, I'd love to have one (Stacie would love to have one, too! :lol: ) I need to get back down to Greer and see them before they're all gone!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Kristen, They are eight weeks old. She donated one to a police dept. in Maryland, sold one, is keeping one for herself and her son is keeping one. There's only two left. She says they act a lot like the Mals.

I don't care where the name came from, I still like it. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
David, my favorite part is the puppy stage. You get to see the light bulb go off every 10 minutes! I have an 11 week old here that's incredible, we're doing tracking foundation and he sits nice for his food already, and he "finds" me when i hide, all at warp speed! Hasn't messed in the crate once, no whining, took him to work everyday so far, fun to have around. He's in serious alligator stage right now, he bit my wife hard , directly on a sensitive upper body area this morning :eek: then took off with a shoe,crazy morning, i love it! To each his own i guess,
AL

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a friend that bred a litter of the little Shepinois. He called last night to see if I'd put them on my website for him. Can't wait to see pics of the little beasts! He said they aren't for the faint of heart. :lol:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Mike Schoonbrood said:
Jeff Oehlsen said:
Isn't Holland full of them??? About every KNPV video I have ever seen has more than one obvious cross in it.
Yes.
What behaviors are they looking for?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had a GSD bitch that I absolutely despised awhile back.Nuttier than a fruitcake,absolutely brainless and the most annoying dog I have ever seen.Her name was "something" vom Leerburg but I did really try to give her every chance.Anyway she was accidentally bred by a decent Mal I had at the time right before I traded her off.I told the people I traded her to that if they wanted to whelp her out,they could keep the pups and sell them.So far I have heard good things about them...go figure.Two really annoying dogs so far produced some really nice pups.They all looked like Malis with bigger ears and maybe a touch more body to them.They were all really nice looking pups.

Has anyone ever seen a Dutchie/GSD cross??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts