Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend at a seminar with Herve Mavuanga, an excellent decoy/trainer from France. Good enough that I'm traveling to N CA this weekend for the seminar up there also :D

There are more photos in my photobucket at http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/malndobe/Herve Mavuanga/

Got some photos of Herve with my dogs

Herve can FLY :eek: (not my dog, but DANG)

Nexxus

Mac

Chaos

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Kadi Thingvall said:
Herve can FLY :eek: (not my dog, but DANG)
Is he trying to jump the dog to make it miss?

Nice looking dog there, cute pup.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Mike Reagan said:
Yeah I was trying to figure that one out also ?? :D
I am totally in awe if he can esquive a Ring dog with a vertical leap. The Vikings can use him in our secondary next year.

Edited to say, wonder if he ever ends up with "sore" feet as a result of that nice jump!

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the goal was to make the dog miss on the entry. I don't think the move is legal anymore in competition, because if done incorrectly it's very dangerous for both the dog and the decoy. But a number of seminar goers asked Herve to do it, and the dog that was choosen for it is one that has no experience with this type of move, so isn't going to be prepared to catch him. Basically it was just a show of excellent athletic ability.

The dog wasn't as close to his feet as she looks in the photo, he is kicking in kind of a V and she was going right under his body, so she was a good 12+ inches from his feet each time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
What about Heurve,

We always talk about the dogs but rarely cover the fantastic work of the Decoys.

How did he start, does he have a dog, whats his job, where did he learn all this stuff(skills)?

Mark
wantabe Decoy that moves at the pace of a striking slug.

·
Registered
580 Posts
trying to spell it - not a phonetics expert - esquive is ES-KEEV

Kadi, please tell us how the seminar this weekend goes. I've been looking at it enviously ever since Vadim posted it a couple of weeks ago... wish I could just fly across country for a seminar - can't wait till I get out of school!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts