Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Thanks to Mike for inviting me.

Quick Bio; I'm 33 years old. Live in Yorkshire England, with my wife and two step children.

I'm a police officer. Been on the force 10 years. I work on a tactical vehicle crime unit. Wife's a police officers too, she's been on the force 20 years and works as a crime investigator.

I was in the military for 6 years prior to law enforcement.

I'm interested in working trials, Schutzhund and personal protection dog training.

I've owned two German Shepherds previously. My current dog is nearly 4 month old and is a GSD bitch from German working bloodlines, called Xena. I intend to work her as a personal protection dog and in working trials/Sch. She's coming along nicely and is showing good promise.

My previous two dogs were adolescent/young adults when I got them. This is my first venture with a pup, so I'm learning as much as she is, if not more..

In addition to working dog training, my hobbies included walking/hiking, reading, law enforcement techniques, tactical flashlights, driving, self defence and internet studying.

Nice to be aboard... I hope I can contribute as a member and pick up lots of information and advice from fellow enthusiasts..

Best Regards,

Gary

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Welcome Gary. Always a pleasure to have a brother officer from across the pond.

DFrost

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Hi Gary...I'm a very soon to be vet student with an interest in veterinary behavior. I'm likewise a Schutzhund novice and dabbled a bit with Zoso, my rescue Malinois/GSD, for about a year enough to get me interested and now have a 10 week old Malinois pup named Fawkes (from Kadi Thingvall of Dantero Malinois, also a board member) so we'll be right behind you all in training. :) We also do agility and Dog Scouts and a little of this and a little of that (lots of hiking and biking and general outdoor fun). Buck (an old husky/Rottweiler cross) and Lily (Belgian Malinois who looks to be a long term and maybe permanent foster) are my other dogs. Your girl is very nice looking. Looking forward to see how she develops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts