Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's neat to see some familiar names from the Leerburg forum. I almost feel like a bio isn't necessary!

I'm terribly interested in REAL bitework and protection sport training, but my dogs totally suck. I've had opportunity to help raise and train protection sport/PSD prospect puppies - a complete joy.

I train my dogs in competition disc (frisbee) both freestyle and distance/accuracy. This is not going well. We do agility, flyball, weight pulling, obedience/CGC, Therapy Dog. I'll dabble in anything just to learn the particular sport's training theory.

I have one dog that is a performance stunt dog (Abby) - she does the somersaults and balance tricks. Another dog (Kado) is a scent detection prospect that NEEDS A WORKING HOME! Then I have my puppy (Moxie a.k.a. "Crash") who is training for performance stunts. I'm hoping she will be a less moody and more reliable dog than Abby.

I ALWAYS end up with aggressive dogs in some way or another so I've earned plenty of experience in this area too.

Anyway, I'm really excited to read about your REAL dogs that can DO STUFF and dream about the Mal that I will have someday...

Let me see if I can dig up a few photos later on today.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome Anne :) Gotta love the aggressive dogs - they teach us so much in the way of training techniques. I definitely understand a "push button" dog would definitely be a nice change though - still waiting for one of those myself....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello there Anne!!!! I wandered over here too! :) The more the merrier!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Finally posting up the photos:

The closest thing to a posed photo we can get from the crazy man:

Moxie, the pup, died from necrotizing pancreatitis at 10 mo old. This was her the morning before she was euthanized. She lost 1/2 her body weight in 2 weeks.

The replacement pup, Emma - a dream come true. Here at 12 wks.

Abby is our "baby."

·
Registered
375 Posts
Anne the follow up post is so touching. I recall your posts about Moxie's health. It's heartbreaking to see her photo...you very obviously made a humane, albeit difficult decision. However on a brighter note, your other dogs look like pure joy! Your "crazy man" appears to be tons of fun. :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh shoot Anne! I'm sorry to hear about Moxie. She is the pup that was in the youtube videos you sent me right? Poor lil girl. When was she euthanized?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hmmm.... I don't remember. :eek: I think there was athread about her in the diet & health section. It would have been easy to miss. She was gone 10 day after being diagnosed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts