Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My name is Bob Passmore. I live in Northern Michigan and have a 3 1/2 year
old male L/H GSD named Zak. For two years we did PP training with Cheryl Carlson in St. Johns, MI. Even though it is a 2 1/2 hour drive each way we would train almost every week. Chery is a great trainer and we loved it. We
participated in a few local competitions but no specific sport. No clubs at all
here in Northern Mi.

Zak loves training, he has great prey drive and loves to bite the sleeve. His nerves are weak and all training was in prey. No defense. As long as it is a
giant game of tug he is having a ball. Unfortunately he developed HD and
training is just too hard on his hips so we are retired to walks and OB. He is
a soft dog and was just perfect for a first time handler. He got over all my
mistakes and still loves to work. Very forgiving dog.

I have been a member of the Leerberg site for a long time and credit that forum, Ed's articles and DVD's for making my dogs life much better than it would have been if I hadn't found it. When I found this site I noticed that alot of the people that I respected from Leerberg are here so I decided to join. I read both daily and even though retired still like to keep up and learn.

And. I think Connie must be the smartest person in the world. :)

Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Bob,

Welcome!

I recognized your name right away!

Hey, can I forward your message about me being smart to my five sisters and two daughters? THEY just don't see it. :>D

PLUS they call me "older than dirt."

No clubs in Northern Michigan?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Send them all your posts from here and Leerberg and they can see.

No clubs, nothing. May be agility or OB, I don't know. I envy people who
have choices. I'm amazed when I hear people say one sport is better than another because I would be happy to be near any sport club that's how I would decide.

Bob

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Bob,

I'm new here too. I'm quite familiar with N. MI. We go to the Higgins Lake/Roscommon area almost every weekend in the summer and I've often wondered how people with dogs get out and socialize, much less train!

And I'm with you about Connie :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm also in Mid-MI. a year or so ago I was looking to see if there were enough people around that might want to start a club.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Melissa, Bob & Ted....Hello to the Michiganders! Ted, where in Mid-MI are you? I'm in Mid-MI just north of Lansing. And Bob, I started out with Cheryl. Then moved on to French Ring, did some PSA and am now dedicated to Schutzhund.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts