Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Jeff has called all the lurkers on the carpet, so I will now post my introduction. Thank you Jeff for pulling me out of my shell.
I live in SE MN. Have 2 dobermans...female that is all most 11 months old, and a male that is 5 months old.
Joined this forum to learn all that I can about the sports....everything is completly new to me. At this point am unsure what I will try with one or both of my dogs. Have been looking for things around my area to participate in. Hoping to find something rather close.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Hello everyone! Jeff has called all the lurkers on the carpet, so I will now post my introduction. Thank you Jeff for pulling me out of my shell.
I live in SE MN. Have 2 dobermans...female that is all most 11 months old, and a male that is 5 months old.
Joined this forum to learn all that I can about the sports....everything is completly new to me. At this point am unsure what I will try with one or both of my dogs. Have been looking for things around my area to participate in. Hoping to find something rather close.
Oh gosh...... another bonus check for Jeff........

WELCOME!! Pictures? ;)

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Welcome Erin. See, even Jeff serves a purpose. Glad you said howdy.

DFrost

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi Erin,

Where are you in SE MN. Rochester area?

We are having a Michael Ellis seminar in 3 weeks, he will be working with a AKC handler introducing mondioring to a 11 month old Doberman with some foundation and we have a new handler with a six month old doberman that will be starting bitework.
This is a pretty good opportunity to see (2) working young dobermans close to your dogs ages. That's really kind of rare actually.

Unless the working dog world is going Dob (God help us all).

We are just North of the Twin cities, but frequently train in Hastings, south of the cities.

let me know if this is of interest.

Oh, there might be a little schutzhund going on there too. If that is your interest.
plus I have a nice size field that I will offer up for tracking before the seminar.
;)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
plus I have a nice size field that I will offer up for tracking before the seminar.
;)
She ain't kiddin, that is one heck of a facility Lisa has. That is a dog enthusiast's dream package.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Yep, I came over with the Red Star group that very cold day when you had the clubs all meet up. Was not there long and I think I just said howdy in passing.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Its OK Lisa, we all know Woody isn't that memorable ;) ;)
True enough.

I didn't really bring my dog out, Mike from Red Star did some bitework stuff and I came after the ob stuff. Didn't really mingle, dog people scare me a bit. :lol:

Saw that Rott when it bit itself on the sleeve and got very unhappy, saw some Sch protection, and was there when Irina's pup did that decoy work with Mark from Red Star. Then I ducked out. But a great facility.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes, you had a young gsd.

I really had hoped to do that "open" field thing once a month. It was actually pretty cool. You are new to the area but it's pretty odd to see that many people doing schutzhund, FR, PSA, and Mondio in one building and living to tell about it.

I think Minnesota has really grown in terms of dogsports in the past few years.

Woody, you are certainly welcome to come and spectate, will likely be MondioRing dominated -- but it's pretty close to FR
we'll be up at Harris.
Plus, It's always a fun, fun time when Michael comes!

lg

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Yes, you had a young gsd.
You may recall the constant yipping that shut down all conversation in your huge facility. And the general nerviness of both handler and dog. And me kicking dirt into Mark's face on the run-up to the decoy.

Some things are more memorable than others. :lol:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mike,

It was a busy day
I think we worked somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 dogs, on 6 different helpers/decoys
that didn't include all the people spectating.

lg

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm also in Minnesota. I live/work in Minneapolis, and do some decoy work w/Midwest Ring club. I'd spend more time training but alimony isn't a trophy I'm gunning for, so I balance work and hanging w/my family (trying and trying to get my kids into dog training...)

Nice board.
JN

1 - 20 of 20 Posts