Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My name is Renee Utley. I currently work for the Port Authority Police in Beaumont Texas,the #1 port in US and #2 in the world for movement of military assets.I handle 5 Explosive detector dogs and 2 narcotic detector dogs. I started work here when I retired from the Jefferson county Sheriff's dept here. I was the director of the k9 unit and midnight shift patrol lieutenant for about 100yrs........... :)

I also handle human remains detector dogs and train police service dogs for agencies. I am a certifying official for NNDDA. I guess I like dogs...... :D I was told about this board by David Frost. Glad to find out about this forum

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Renee Utley said:
I was told about this board by David Frost. Glad to find out about this forum
Did David hand you his line about being a multi-decade PSD trainer who currently heads up a state police K-9 program?

Interestingly enough...outright fabrications. The only thing we can figure out that he's said thats probably true is that he does have a dog he calls Muffin Top or whatever.

In any case, welcome to the forum! :lol:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum Renee, as you can see the humor around here is not that much different then found around "the office". I definitely know the feeling - 20 years as an LEO feels more like 100 :wink: Ahhhhh retirement is wonderful :D

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Now now Woody, and his name is Muffin Bucket. Good to see you Renee. I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum, it certainly is a respite from the: how do i make Fluffy quit peeing in my bed. Just keep an eye on Woody. Strange person for sure.

David

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Muffin Bucket?? You neglected to mention Muffin Bucket. ...........
Oh well, strange is ok. Normal is a relative term:eek:)

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Renee Utley said:
Hello. My name is Renee Utley. I currently work for the Port Authority Police in Beaumont Texas,the #1 port in US and #2 in the world for movement of military assets.I handle 5 Explosive detector dogs and 2 narcotic detector dogs. I started work here when I retired from the Jefferson county Sheriff's dept here. I was the director of the k9 unit and midnight shift patrol lieutenant for about 100yrs........... :)

I also handle human remains detector dogs and train police service dogs for agencies. I am a certifying official for NNDDA. I guess I like dogs...... :D I was told about this board by David Frost. Glad to find out about this forum
Welcome, Renee. Any friend of David's is a friend of the forum, IMHO. :D

Wow. That is an impressive resume! 8)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is ok that Woody has not had all of his shots. I have an out problem......... :wink:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all! I see there are some folks here that have a bent sense of humor. I think I shall like being here :D

One of my favorite Tshirts reads:
Search and Rescue: Reversing the laws of natural selection.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Oh, so you're a transplant! Both my younger sisters are Texans now, too. One in Austin and one in Waco. We go to Tulsa pretty regularly; the Tulsa Sch club is much larger and more active than the OKC one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes,I was not born in Texas,but I got here as fast as I could :D
Austin and Waco are very nice. You folks have been getting the kind of weather that made me move. Of course,we have those nasty hurricanes down here. I just thought I was leaving tornados :eek:

·
Registered
595 Posts
See, that's the upside of tornados vs. hurricanes. At least with a tornado, you can run out of the way, or just get lucky. With a hurricane, you're just there! No place to run, no place to hide. :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Renee! I would give several weeks of my allowance to spend a day with you picking your brain. Congrats on your success with "REAL working dogs!!" (we're just SchH sport beginners)

The only thing I *have* on David Frost is finally meeting our neighborhood dog with a stranger name - String Bean. For weeks String Bean has been claiming the remains from our foot step tracking at the park. String Bean's owner is relieved to know that this is natural food (even better than hot dogs) and not goose poop or anything like that.

Welcome!!!!

Beth

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
would give several weeks of my allowance to spend a day with you picking your brain.

I dont know. After all of these years there is some strange stuff in there....... :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts