Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Roger Williams, I am a long time dogaholic. Although I (along with my partners) have had a very small kennel of working ABs (more recently Performance Neapolitan Mastiffs) for many years, I have recently decided to go to the dark side (lol), and obtain a Dutch Shepherd from our trainer, and I have also always been interested in the Czech/DDR GSDs for the last couple of years, and I want one badly and will be getting one in the next year hopefully. I have been into hunting dogs and guardian dogs since I was a kid...first exposure to great dogs was when my parents got into Dobermanns when I was 12. I have had a good dog every since. I work from home and still play my music part time, so I am home with the dogs all day.
At my home I have two dogs living with my wife, young son and young granddaughter now; an American Bulldog (the stud for our kennel) Steel-trap's Cotton, and a one year old Performance Neo we bred named Steel-trap's Mog. Our trainer's name is Johnnie Miller.
I just lost my pride and joy dog, an AB/NEO named Steel-trap's Keigo, at 20 months old when he died of pythiosis....a disease I had never heard of and never want to again. Here is a link to some of Keigo's pictures

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b32643a7a45d&sid=8BcMWLZu3aOYA

Losing him really broke my heart, and he broke the mold for what I wanted in that type of dog....it was a great loss.

Like I said, I am interested in Dutch Shepherds (after watching our trainer's dogs for several years now) and working German Shepherds now, and may be going in the direction of sport, along with PP.

Our kennel website is at http://www.steel-trap.com

I look forward to learning from the members here, and I will share training pics if that's allowed. Thank you very much.
Roger Williams

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Welcome Roger, i'm sure you'll find a few other people on this fine forum that share your passion for dogs. Great pictures.

DFrost

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks David, Connie, Jeff (i think, lol), and Mike.
I have gotten exactly nothing done today except reading the board.
LOL
Great board, guys.
Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts