Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to all! My name is Roy Word and I am a Police Canine Handler in Northern California. I am looking forward to absorbing this great information from all of you. I am trying to expand my knowledge in all aspects of canine handling and working breeds. Thank you very much for operating such a wonderful site! I look forward to chatting with all of you.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
good to see you here. he's not really this nice people....

just kidding. roy, gregg tawney and i all went to arizona this weekend to compete in the desert dog k9 trial...

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
we all did pretty good. there were 5 events. area search, building search, tactical obedience, tactical challenge course, and protection. 59 teams competed. trophies were awarded for top 6 spots.

gregg tawney got: 1st place tactical challenge course, 5th place protection, 5th place area search, and 6th place overall.

i got: 1st place area search, 3rd place protection, and 5th place tactical challenge course

roy got: 4th place protection

all three of us hosed the building search, but nobody hosed it as bad as i did. the dog did OK, but the human half of the team pretty much f'd it up. even a marginal score on the building search would have put me pretty high up on the overall placement, but 7.5 out of 100 will pretty much kill any chances you have at that...

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
you know what? i'm not even sweating it. we did pretty well on the other stuff, so i'm not bummed out at all. we would have had a shot at a trophy on the tactical obedience, but the last part of it was a recall past a suited decoy. not much room at all between the decoy and the two sofas he was wedged between. my dog nailed him. 10 points and any hope of a trophy were gone with that...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts