Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! My name is Jason Fox and I am from North Central, Indiana (South Bend area). I own 2 Malinois and do personal and home protection work with both of them.

I also own and operate a martial arts school in Warsaw, IN (www.totaljj.com).

In addition to my dog and martial arts hobbies I am a husband and a father to 2 boys ages 8 and 2.

Here are a couple photos of my dogs...

I look forward to learning from and contributing to this forum.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Hi Jason! I used to live in Buchanan, Michigan and I worked in Walkerton, Indiana (affectionately referred to by me and my co-workers as "Walkertucky.").

At the time I lived there with my Malinois, there didn't seem to be a lot of other Malinois owners in that geographic area. Do you train with a specific group/club? If so, which one?

Welcome to the board!

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Welcome Jason. We look forward to your contributions, uhhh make the check out too, oh wait, wrong board. Good to have you with us.

DFrost

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Konnie-

I used to live in Walkerton...and you're right, not too many Malinois (or working dog) owners in this area.

To my knowledge there are no clubs in the area (although I have not done a lot of searching for them--so they may be around).

Thanks for the welcome (you too David).

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Hi there Jason. I was pretty heavily into a style called Youn Wha Ryu (started with taekwondo as a base and incorporates hapkido, kung fu, and jiujitsu, among others). It has a pretty neat self defense system and when it was demonstrated at a tournament where there were some BJJ guys there, they were like "wow, that's familiar..." :lol: I'm taking a rather extended break from it though for school priorities and that sort of thing. I'd like to get back into it though as dog training and martial arts are pretty similar in a lot of ways...including the politics! :roll: Anyways, welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts