Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Lisa -

Nice video!

We have Rico (formally O'Rico) in our group. He is a Gator son out of Quetta. Here is his page that we made for him http://www.norcaldogs.com/rico.html

He has been a very good police dog and hasn't done too bad at trials also. The video on his page is when he was eight years old. I think he is around ten years old now and he is still working (patrol / narco). He has had a few knock down drag out fights on the street in which he has proven that he indeed has courage. About six months ago he and his handler fought a guy on opiates and meth. The guy felt no pain and the fight lasted four minutes with Rico in it all the way. Rico wound up with a few bumps and bruises but the suspect received much worse. If it were not for Rico the handler probably would have had to shoot this individual (rape suspect).

He competed in a police trial this weekend. I will try to put something together on video and post it. Anyway, I have heard great things about Gator and apparently he throws himself in his breedings!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sandy is an incredible horse but even she was a bit pissy when we were working on focused heeling. So far it seems that horses liken focused heeling to being stalked. The little Arab mare I ride would pin back her ears and swish her tail at first. Luckily, she is a sweetie and acclimated to being "stalked".

Trained dogs make wonderful assistants when you are riding. Ours retrieve dropped hats and sunglasses, throw away our drink bottles when we are done and stand stay to serve as mounting blocks.

Lisa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.