Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Look kids, I am an army brat, so maybe I can't understand you great big tough marines, but I do know the only way we will ever evolve is when even the troglodites refrain from using racial, sexual, slurs.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I won't comment on some of the posts in this thread, having been a great big tough Marine and all, I don't want to get "ugly". I will say that bootcamp is suppose to break em down, to build them back up - they will be called a whole lot worse by those who they risk their lives for to liberate and as Vietnam proved sadly :x by some fellow US citizens . If they can't "handle it" at boot camp, then they need to be weeded out.

I like this video myself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAzyVik1ppI

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
It is no more neccessary to use sexual slurs than it is to use racial slurs to accomplish the task. It is wrong & unkind.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Jeez, I don't know...that softer kinder thing might be a little much (even for me)!! I do love the line "Save the drama for your damn mama" :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Why does it not surprise me that the spokesperson for the "nice" bootcamp is, uhm... how to put this in a PC way..... "sexually indifferent to the female persuasion" ? :roll: Or was that a female? I couldn't really tell.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
maybe i wasn't paying close enough attention or i didn't watch the whole thing, but i missed the "sexual slurs". what were they?

i was rolling my eyes because i though you were commenting on the fact that they got in the guys face for not having a killer instinct. if there were indeed "sexual slurs" then i tend to agree that they aren't necessary...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tim,

I believe the "slurs" went something like this:

DI: "Why did you stop?"

Recruit: "Cause I thought I heard the whistle."

DI: "No you didn't. You're a pretty little *rhymes with BAG* and you didn't want to hurt him. Cause you're sweet, and nice, and you don't wanna freakin kill. Get the freak away from me right damn now!"

DI w/arms crossed: "Yeah, you listened, huh? They're gonna ship you home in a body bag. Don't worry, someone else will take care of your girl."

Andy.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Now see, this is when it is done right. Wipe the ground with the MFer, just don't use a gd racial or sexual slur. Actually, this reminds me of what my dad sounded like if anyone dared sleep beyond his lovely morning cry of "daylight in the swamp, everyone get your ass up". I think he really missed the good old days in boot camp.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Truth be told....I think all the boot camp films shown thus far are kinda weak.....if you'll notice all the films show the Senior Drill Instructor (1st hat) confronting the recruits. The best action is when the 3rd hat/DI lays into them. Senior D.I. - Very Stern Father figure 3rd hat = real stress monster if he is worth his salt. Compared to back in the day, and no I don't mean when they were marched into the swamp, the boot camp of today is much more "relaxed".

The last film was "practice" for what we called nick the new hats (just out of D.I. School) before forming day. They took a 3rd phase recruit or an actual Marine and practiced their technique in front of senior before pick-up.

The Marine Corps official stance on verbal or physical abuse of recruits is zero tolerance. S.O.P. stated that we were to stay at least one arm length away from a recruit. Recruits are only to be addressed by recruit or last name. Doubt if you'll ever get to see a 3rd hat on film. :twisted:

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I still remember when we graduated from 5th grade to 6th grade when I lived down in Ft. Benning, our class did this thing at Sand Hill called outdoor education. We stayed the night in the barracks, had to march (I believe we were Echo platoon, if memory serves), had to stay up until about 1 or 2 AM because some girl wasn't doing pushups fast enough (I did "real" pushups, darn it!), had to be silent during bed time in the barracks which is just about impossible for 10 year old girls, had to make the bed perfectly straight with the quarter test, and had a bunch of the drill instructors yell at a table of us at breakfast time in the mess hall (me included) because no one told us we only had two minutes to eat. Then the next day we got to go hiking and stuff and that was fun. I think they should do that with more kids. Almost makes me want to go into the Army Veterinary Corps just to work with the military working dogs down in Lackland AFB. Almost...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts