Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
For some reason when I reply I do not have the list of the little faces to choose from to put in my reply. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks Jay
To see them:

Hit "USER CP" (control panel) up above.

Then way over on the left choose Edit Options.

The scroll way down and choose Misc Options, Message Editor Interface, and choose "Enhanced interface - Full WYSIWYG" on the dropdown menu.

Now "save changes" down below.

Now when you post a reply, you get a box of smilies.

In the "more" smilies, to use them, either copy the text beside the smiley and paste it , or just type that text and hit space afterwards.

Example on "more" smilies: that laugh one is colon LOL colon
--then space.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
I know; I agree. I had a frustrating moment (OK, several) when I did the User Control Panel thing.

It came with the new fast server.

Remember how slow this site used to be?

Well, this thing with the smilies is the downside with the new fast site.

Breathe...... and then come back and hit "User CP" up at the top and then look over to the left for EDIT OPTIONS.

Then scroll way down down DOWN and choose Misc Options, Message Editor Interface, and choose "Enhanced interface - Full WYSIWYG" on the dropdown menu.

Now "save changes" down below.

I promise it will work. 3rd time is a charm.

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
ohw...believe me..Conny was even more desperate than you guys...and it took me more than a half day to find out...so i could tell Conny ;)

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
ohw...believe me..Conny was even more desperate than you guys...and it took me more than a half day to find out...so i could tell Conny ;)
It took me many tries, too, and a lot of frustration, even with Selena's detailed steps.

I was just saying in a PM that Selena saved me when I could not find the smilies.

I didn't know until now that it took Selena a half day to find out! LOL!

I never would have been able to, on my own.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
You should change your shit so normal non geeky people can do it. We tell you how to train dogs, you need to make the smilies and shit easier.

Also change this back so that I can curse. I do have 1st amendment rights.

SO THERE : P
DERN! I must be a dog trainer cause I sure as he(( can't figure out how to get past the ones on the page that's next to the reply post.
I'm doing much better though cause I don't have to have my son turn on this fancy typewriter anymore. :smile: :smile:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
DERN! I must be a dog trainer cause I sure as he(( can't figure out how to get past the ones on the page that's next to the reply post.
I'm doing much better though cause I don't have to have my son turn on this fancy typewriter anymore. :smile: :smile:
It says "more" in teeny letter that you, Bob, cannot see, under those few smilies.

Click on the word "more."

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
It took me many tries, too, and a lot of frustration, even with Selena's detailed steps.

I was just saying in a PM that Selena saved me when I could not find the smilies.

I didn't know until now that it took Selena a half day to find out! LOL!

I never would have been able to, on my own.
well, half day is a bit execurated (sp?), but it took me certainly a hour before I got the right spot :smile:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
The "more" hasn't worked for me in some time.
I click on "more", click on the emoticon and absolutely nothing happens.
It used to work for me in the old setup. :-({|=

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
The "more" box does come up. I see all the choices. It just doesn't transfer what I click on.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
The "more" box does come up. I see all the choices. It just doesn't transfer what I click on.
Gotcha! In the "more" box you have to copy and paste (or just type) the text next to the face you want, rather than the actual little smiley. :lol:

Suppose you want the LOL face.

See beside it, it says : lol :

So you copy and paste that lil block of text or symbols, OR just type colon lol colon (and then use a space after it so "it" knows the instructions are finished).

Or the big yellow exclamation point?

It's colon exclamation colon.

So if I type colon followed by an exclamation point and another colon, I get the big yellow exclamation point. (Or I can copy and paste that little bit of text.)

The colons are the beginning and end of the instructions for the smiley.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
#-o That works when I type them out.

Thanks again Connie...and again..and again.etc, etc!! ;)

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
#-o That works when I type them out.
AH! You did it! COOL!

I clicked on the little faces many times before I finally noticed that there was weird little text beside them. Hmmm. What the heck is that for? So I highlighted the text, then control-c to copy it and control-v to paste it.

Then someone (Woody?) said "You can type it, too!" :oops:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts