Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice. I've been working in security/military mostly for the past 14 years and I'm looking into retraining as a dog handler.

I grew up with German shepherds but they were total pets, I've owned some lurcher bull crosses that were a pleasure to work with, tons of drive and focus. I think I would enjoy the protection dog sports.

I'm very drawn towards Belgium malinois, they definitely inspire the passion from me.

At what age should a dog be entered into a NASDU course? And at what age should a dog start working in security?

Any recommendations of working Malinois breeders?

Any recommendations of working dog trainers in the north of England?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Danny.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice. I've been working in security/military mostly for the past 14 years and I'm looking into retraining as a dog handler.

I grew up with German shepherds but they were total pets, I've owned some lurcher bull crosses that were a pleasure to work with, tons of drive and focus. I think I would enjoy the protection dog sports.

I'm very drawn towards Belgium malinois, they definitely inspire the passion from me.

At what age should a dog be entered into a NASDU course? And at what age should a dog start working in security?

Any recommendations of working Malinois breeders?

Any recommendations of working dog trainers in the north of England?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Danny.
this used to be a good source for working dog topics. it isn't any more and i'll probably stop checking in. good luck but most of your questions don't have simple answers and are worthy of being a topic unto themselves

1 - 3 of 3 Posts