Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Really nice video of Gator, Kristina. Just watched him in a video earlier today that I took at the ASR Workshop in VA last year....Liked him alot then to:smile:

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I like his enthusiasm. Nice job on the fence scaling by the decoy too. I must confess I *hate* scaling fences after I caught and tore my jeans trying to jump a chain link fence when I was in late elementary school or so. :oops: I was just trying to be one of the boys with three brothers. :D

·
Banned
11,728 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Well, they were torn in a rather embarrassing way, so yeah, that was quite enough for me, thanks! Learned my lesson, apparently unlike you, Jeff. :p :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
i dont think i could climb a fence that high in my suit. but i think that guy was wearing a trial suit. mines a semi comp

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The decoy in the video is Ken Hungerford, I think the suit is a semi-comp, but not positive. Ken's unbelievable...he has an exercise program tailored solely to dog training and as long as its safe for the dog, hes pretty much up to any kind of crazy stuff we can come up with.

Thanks for the comments on Gator everyone :D, I think I'll keep him around ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yep, he looks as if he's having fun...

I want to see some vid of the mini-mal girl you had at the trial! Still have her?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shes definitely one of the coolest dogs I've had.
Everything about her screams top sport prospect- crazy drive, great entry, full bite, fast, great nerve and on and on...its just all in a 40lb dog.

I'm not really doing anything with her other than just working her for fun. Shes the ultimate pocket rocket. I had someone interested in buying her for demo work but preferred and found a male, so...shes still here. It really sucks...I had hoped to go far with her in FR, but any good decoy is going to esquive her all day long in a trial suit. She hits so hard and although she bites hard for her size, its not enough to compress a good suit so she just bounces off. In fairness, shes still just a puppy and her bite may be able to be developed so that she could hold on and stand a chance but who knows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts