Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are pretty great, just got started on them awhile back through my local pet store:

http://www.zukes.com/shop/index.php?cPath=2_10

They are like little cut up hot dogs but not greasy. Very soft, Annie loves them. I have also seen them at Leerburg and some other online places. The one pound bag gets you a few hundred pieces of them...they're about a third of an inch square, perfect for training.

Here are the ingredients, I get the Chicken ones:

No wheat, corn, harsh preservatives like BHA, artificial colors or flavors, added tallow, by-products, or unhealthy fillers make them a naturally scrumptious treat.

Mini Naturals - Salmon or Chicken
Salmon or chicken, barley flour, rice flour, vegetable glycerin, malted barley, tapioca, gelatin, water, menhaden fish oil, brewer’s yeast, natural flavors, lecithin, salt, acetic acid, cultured whey. Vitamins: A, D3, E, B12, C, B2, B1, B6. Minerals: taurine, calcium pantothenate, niacin, folic acid, zinc oxide, selenium.
Mini Naturals - Peanut Butter
Peanut butter, rice flour, barley flour, oat flour, vegetable glycerin, water, fructose, gelatin, carrot flakes, apple flakes, molasses, calcium carbonate, cultured whey, lecithin, minced garlic, acetic acid, salt, natural smoke flavor. Vitamins: C, A, D3, E, B12, B1, B2, B6. Minerals: zinc oxide, niacin, taurine, copper sulfate, selenium, calcium pantothenate, manganous oxide, biotin, folic acid.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Would you stop posting these reviews, your big shrimpy review cost me $150... soon as my damn dog saw it he wouldn't stop standing next to me panting till I ordered the thing. Ofcourse then he didnt stop panting n I took him for a walk to poop him out... then I realized that was the "I'm really bored, play with me" pant n I coulda saved $150 :roll: I still blame you for that.

:p

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
if connie thinks they're ok (saves me using up precious brain cells), then i'll see if one of my stores carry 'em. it's GOT to be better than cooking/cutting up liver every week :wink:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Note: They are not grain-free.

However, most treats out there are mostly grain, and these salmon and chicken ones list the meat in first place. 8)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ann freier said:
if connie thinks they're ok (saves me using up precious brain cells), then i'll see if one of my stores carry 'em. it's GOT to be better than cooking/cutting up liver every week :wink:
Goodness, yes.

·
Registered
557 Posts
zukes

Zukes mimis are great! My pup loves them! I always have a big handfull in all my coat pockets ALL the time. Great for training. Had some of the peanut butter ones the other day when working my pup on the 'watch me' command while walking (getting ready to do a little heeling- just turning 6 months soon) Had to put a few in my mouth to spit out at him...I gotta say as sick of hot dogs as I am....I'll stick to the hot dogs for that part of my training.....I'm thrilled that my pup loves them...but I think I'll pass on them, thanks. Nasty tasting little suckers :) but then I'm not a dog. I use the chicken, salmon & peanutbutter ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts