Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gadget review to keep Woody happy....
I don't know how many of you train in the dark with your dogs but this is a most awesome headlamp if you do. I just got one two weeks ago and it is my newest and most favourite piece of gear right now.
This link http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/pt_apex.htm explains all the nifty features better than I can. I have found the light to work very well even in the cold temps we have been having here. Having 5 light ouptput options means that one headlamp is suitable for up close and distance work. I have gone thru many headlamps over the years and this one is better than any others I have used. Price won't put you in the poorhouse, either. I would highly recommend this light to anyone that needs a good, sturdy, comfortable, easy to operate variable output headlamp.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Hey, me like. I use a Petzl Tikka, that looks much nicer. How heavy does it feel? I like just the 3 AAAs in the front of the Petzl. I had a Black Diamond with a 1W beam but it's not working for some reason.

Ah, the joys of living at higher latitudes.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Petzl Tikka also and quite like it but I find it is only good for up close kind of stuff - still nice for walking the dog and fixing stuff in the dark and that kidn of thing. The PT Apex has mega beam power at night and is much better for seeing stuff at long distance( I run the dogs at night with it so it needs to reach to the front of the team +)plus you have the lower output options. I don't find it too heavy and it fits comfortably over my hat but I did remove the centre strap.
I also have a Petzl Zoom that I like but the light output isn't as good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts