Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Amber. I'm relatively new to dog sports - just started about three years ago. I've read lots and lots and have a lot of interesting ideas on *theories* that I one day hope to see someone actually train on the field. :D

For the longest time I couldn't really pick a sport; I preferred the suit sports, but there was no one training near me for anything but schutzhund. So, I trained for SchH with my dog for the first two years or so. He was doing well.

Then I discovered that there was a new club starting right down the road from me to train for ASR, something I was not familiar with. I am now hooked, not only because I love the ASR sport, but because the people I've found in ASR are the most open, friendly, and non-political that I've ever met. I train with Jerry and Jay at CSRA ASR, I see they post here too. Most of the people in our club are ex-schutzhund people also.

I have two dobermanns, you can learn about them by linking to my page below. My male will be three soon, I have been working him in ASR for the last year but may take him back to schutzhund, title and compete him, then concentrate on suit stuff, he already has a very solid foundation on the sleeve. My girl is one year old, I did the whole 'foundation' thing with her and did not introduce her to a helper until she was thirteen months. Till then, we just played lots of tug, worked focus, and exposed her to as many environmental distractions as I could think of. She is doing very well on a sleeve but we are about to start her on a leg sleeve, then the suit. I am going to title her in ASR and also shoot for FR.

I want a dutch shepherd or a dutchie/x female, preferably KNPV lines, but I am going to spend some time researching pedigrees and breed history first. I want to make an educated decision and not just jump into it. I came on this board largely because I heard about Selena, so... Selena, I may pick your brains a little :D

Nice to meet everyone.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Amber does train with us and I appreciate her so much. She as well as the other girls that wasn't trialing this time around did a SUPER job at making our trial the BIGGEST ever for ASR.
I'm glad you jumped on board with us here. We all can learn a lot from these nice people on this forum. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts