Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not much for gov't/media conspiracies...just kidding, I completely am...but this was one that struck me as interesting:

http://www.jihadunspun.com/intheatre_internal.php?article=106619&list=/home.php

This links to what I assume is a very biased, potentially nasty website...please don't shoot the messenger...but basically this is the more detailed thing I've seen on the explosions at Forward Camp Falcon. On Oct 10th, this place blew up. Explosions seen from miles around. Both the AP wire and Google/YouTube have pulled down video that was posted of it. The DoD claimed that there were no injuries...the conspiracy folks are saying at least 300 US soldiers were killed, around 100 Iraqi soldiers, lots and lots of collateral injury. The article I linked to lists those evacuated to a person.

So anyway. Just wondering if those of you with connections over in Iraq...Matt Hammond and folks...can ping around and see if you heard differently from the official version that was reported:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6038990.stm

Just seems weird to me. A major artillery depot explodes, at night, shaking neighborhoods around it and the videos of the explosions are being pulled. What happened?

Hopefully nothing, just wondering. I don't have an agenda here other than hoping to get a better understanding of it.

If you follow that first link, or Google "Camp Falcon explodes" or whatever, you're gonna end up seeing the possibility to link to a lot of disturbing websites (i.e., sites that are very anti-American and tend to celebrate US soldier deaths). I am not promoting those sites and I do not visit those sites.

Again, any info is appreciated. This particular story is making the rounds...www.wonkette.com referred to it today, so it's gonna get a lot more mileage.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To my fellow conspiracists PM'ing me on this:

:-$

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
I never trusted anyone but mom, but dad said not to turn my back on her. :eek:

·
Registered
635 Posts
The ONLY country in the world that BASHES itself is the USA. I have very strong ties to the United States of America, and it hurts and saddens me to see the great strength and shortsightedness of the enemy within.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andres Martin said:
The ONLY country in the world that BASHES itself is the USA. I have very strong ties to the United States of America, and it hurts and saddens me to see the great strength and shortsightedness of the enemy within.
Who is bashing the USA in this thread?

And that generalization is way, way wrong.

And when have you taken it upon yourself to be a forum sniper?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Connie Sutherland said:
Is that "Trust No One" pic from "The X-Files"?
Yup. Great show. But I always like the "monster" episodes, the alien stuff was never that interesting to me. Req'd too much commitment in the heady college days.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Andy Andrews said:
My friend's son is/was stationed there, I'll ask him about it on monday.
Andy, in all seriousness, I hope everything is okay. He'll be in my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andy Andrews said:
I talked to my friend today. His son said he's doing fine, but also said those casualty counts are off.

Andy.
Off in the sense that there were some, or that there were none? The official reports were no serious casualities..."minimal impact with no casualties reported."

Thanks for this info, Andy, btw.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Didn't give a specific number, just said "some". My friend says the numbers vary alot depending on the source, so the most accurate counts are most likely the official military reports.

Andy.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Andy Andrews said:
Didn't give a specific number, just said "some". My friend says the numbers vary alot depending on the source, so the most accurate counts are most likely the official military reports.
Heh. The "official" reports are the ones saying nobody got hurt.

Oh well. Gonna slip back on my tinfoil hat and fortify my grassy knoll. This is the kind of stuff--along with the Pat Tillman tragedy, the timing of the verdict against Saddam Hussein, making guys like Sgt. Cardona take the fall for some of the Abu Graib crimes, etc.--that makes me wonder, really wonder, about those 12 guys in the smoky room that control everything. Hopefully they like German Shepherds.

Thanks for checking into this. I'm glad your friend's son is okay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts