Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Have you had any disinfection success with that?
nope. well, some success. on hil's advice i ditched the real player stuff that was on my computer and the random music stuff stopped. when i use IE, i still get tons of pop-ups and my computer won't allow me to open new programs when it's been running for a while. so now i use firefox and i don't get the pop ups, but i think i'm going to just take my computer in to a computer place and have it cleaned out. i'm running out of room on my hard drive anyway...

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
nope. well, some success. on hil's advice i ditched the real player stuff that was on my computer and the random music stuff stopped. when i use IE, i still get tons of pop-ups and my computer won't allow me to open new programs when it's been running for a while. so now i use firefox and i don't get the pop ups, but i think i'm going to just take my computer in to a computer place and have it cleaned out. i'm running out of room on my hard drive anyway...
Yeah. It took me a loooong time to delete every bit of that damned 360-degree thing that infected my PC. If I had known how frustrating it was going to be, I'd have droped it off at a repair place.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Yeah. It took me a loooong time to delete every bit of that damned 360-degree thing that infected my PC. If I had known how frustrating it was going to be, I'd have droped it off at a repair place.
frustrating doesn't begin to describe it. i've downloaded more spyware/adaware programs in the last 5 days than i though were in existance. none have fixed my problem. i've visited various forums and looked at threads of people who have had similar problems to mine and it all seems way too difficult to diagnose/fix. i'm just dropping it off and shelling out some money. i figure i'd rather lose my money than my hair...

·
Registered
249 Posts
frustrating doesn't begin to describe it...
I'm frustrated too! I STILL can't see images. The only images I see are user's
avatars and the smilies in the reply dialog box!

Here are screen captures from IE & Opera. You'll notice that the initial login page is normal:

#2 - But once I login, and am taken to the specific forum subpages, I get this:

#3 - Same with Internet Explorer:

I could see if it was just my Firefox (and some sort of weird caching issues,)
but for IE and Opera to render the forum exactly the same...?

Just too weird! Only this forum too, not the OTHER one :(

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hello Connie,

Yes - been there, done that! I've tried the site in all my browsers (5 total!
I use them for web design development):

Opera
Firefox
SeaMonkey
IE (versions 4, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, and 7)
K-Melon

All the same!

Hey!!!!! Update! I just figured it out!!!! It works great now!

Before the server move Mike did, I was using the "Ambience" skin.

Once I switch to the default, I get all the images as they should be!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.