Working Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i'm not tryin to start something huge on here. but i have noticed that certain people on here are allowed to be bullies. and once they are called out or someone is being unfair to them the thread gets locked so no more harmful thing can be said to them. and then they go back to making it uncomfortable for people to post thinking that these people are gonna attack them. i just know on other forum those people would be warned then kicked off for this behavior. now i love this forum and the people on it. i just know a lot of the new people are scared to post because of these. bullies. I'm not asking for anyone to get kicked off i just think when someone attempts to put them in their place that the thread should NOT be locked. hell let them have it they deserve it for all the bull that say to people. anyway i love how you guys handle the board and almost everyone gets along on here. minus the trolls that are just here to start the drama. anyway thanx for letting me vent.
:p

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Those recent thread(s) were not locked because "someone was trying to put them in their place." If you're talking about the one from yesterday or something. It was locked because PMs were quoted, shots were being taken at professionals not on this board, and other stuff that is weak schoolyard chump garbage that sets up nasty precedents for future threads I will also have to lock. Probably should have said that at the time. And would have locked it sooner had I been around and seen it starting up. So sorry it got out of hand, seriously, because people are better than that and other people deserve better than that. And if anyone really likes reading that stuff...well...they should stay off the computer and watch their copy of Bumfights, over and over.

PM me if you want to discuss further.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bum fights i love it. i wasnt just talkin about the recent one the has been many others. but my main thing wasnt about threads that are locked. but the bullying that was goin on. but im just venting woody no biggy. maybe we need to have a jerry springer episode. lol:smile:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
It was locked because PMs were quoted, shots were being taken at professionals not on this board, and other stuff that is weak schoolyard chump garbage that sets up nasty precedents for future threads
EXACTLY.

I also want to add that the mods can't read every word.

ANY time someone thinks there's bullying going on, PM any mod.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh i totaly understand that. but i was just venting because of certain people on here take it to far as to being an asshole for no reason just to start drama. and we are all supposed to be friends and help out not demean and make people pissed off. i know youll have that but if the same people are doin it over and over again somethin can be done about it

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
PM me or any mod next time.

I mean ANYone; not just Steve. :lol:

If we see it a day or two days later and there are subsequent posts, then I, at least, feel silly going back and jumping on the third post back.

PM notification is emailed to the mods.

And I will add that I have no problem editing offensive posts. If they end up looking weird, well, that's the way it goes........

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i have just noticed it with people i just take it with a grain of salt. but i dont think new people should be ran off or think that they will get treated like this

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
now thats hilarious we need more people like tim here

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
We have forum bullies here?? I have never noticed. Perhaps we have people with strong opinions here, but not bullies. I cannot think of one time my lunch money was ever stolen from me while I was on this forum.

I do think that we have a lot of people that when people point out things that they see wrong about the training, they tend to defend their training and not have the courage to look at what they are doing.

I really think this is one of the reasons that there are strong discussions on this forum. I am perfectly willing to accept something if you can prove that you are right, however, that is easier said then done.

I am willing to poke at someone untill they actually try and show me why they are actually argueing.

Hard to be bullied if you actually can back up what you are saying.

I know a lot of people that don't post cause they do not want to get busted out on their BS, and they will just sit back and read the forum. To me this is cowardice. Get out here and start slinging with the rest of us.

Quite difficult to stick your neck out here, as someone may start hacking, where in person they will just kiss your ass, and you will never know that they have an opposing opinion.

I actually enjoy it when people get pissy and ACTUALLY post what they actually think. C'mon, how painful can it really be?????

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Straightforward comments are great until they deteriorate into personal attacks.

Then they are juvenile and unacceptable.

Personal attacks = "You (or s/he or they) are stupid; your dog is crap."

Straightforward comments = "This method is better because...."

And "that sport is stupid" is never gonna cut it. SAYING it is stupid. Most of us have little or no choice about what sport is available, and even more sports people think that it's just personal preference from one sport to the next.

And like it or not, people who are personally attacked are not likely to ponder the attacker's words of criticism and think "Hmmm .... why, that guy is wisdom itself!" No. They are likely to focus on the unnecessary personal attack.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
look i enjoy criticism but when it comes to talkin shit that we have no proof of who knows what how are people supposed to believe it real and its not just someone starting drama. NONE OF US WALK ON WATER in the decoy work. so lets leave it at that. lets keep convos civil and not bad mouth people ill take the critique if it is from someone who knows what they are talkin about. but these people need to realize not to push their methods on people who have their own. that is what starts heated convos. i do it this way , well i like this. then next thing you know i suck, etc.. this is what needs to stop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.