Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I mentioned this in my Members Bio Post, but figured I better post it in the correct spot also.....

I am looking for advice, opinions on trainers and seminars to work with and attend as I have decided to go ahead and train my Mali girl in PPD.
Right now she is my HRD K-9 but it does not seem to be "enough" for her.

She has been evaluated by LE and has also been on a full-suit decoy and I was told that she would be great at it.

Therefore, I have decided to pursue this. I am dedicated and hard working and also willing to travel and pay to have trainers come here also. I believe that if your going to do something you might as well do it right!!

So any advice or smacks to the back of the head would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is hard to find people around here. I found a club in Denver which is 6 hours away. They were kind of "Holier than Though" and did not have a set training time or place. So I am assuming it was probably not something for me.

I am in Rural South Dakota so I am really concerned about finding a reliable, knowledgeable trainer that is going to teach me (and my dog) the correct way.

The person that I am training the GSD pups for trains with Wayne Semmonovich (spelling) and Ivan Balabanov so I am looking into traveling to South Carolina to hopefully be evaluated and train with them. I guess Wayne lives there and Ivan comes in for seminars.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It is hard to find people around here. I found a club in Denver which is 6 hours away. They were kind of "Holier than Though" and did not have a set training time or place. So I am assuming it was probably not something for me.

I am in Rural South Dakota so I am really concerned about finding a reliable, knowledgeable trainer that is going to teach me (and my dog) the correct way.

The person that I am training the GSD pups for trains with Wayne Semmonovich (spelling) and Ivan Balabanov so I am looking into traveling to South Carolina to hopefully be evaluated and train with them. I guess Wayne lives there and Ivan comes in for seminars.
yes wayne is supposed to be one of the greats. cant say cause ive never seen him. ill be there in close to the nc sc boarder. in a couple weeks for good. but i hear good things about him

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff,
To be honest, I do not remember. I may have it written down somewhere in my notes, so I will check.
I was a little put-off so it was not a person I would remember all that much.

·
Registered
705 Posts
you not gonna wanna go to a sport club to get ppd work. i mean some of them can do it but not most. now someone like wayne yes go for it. i mean alot of the clubs here think that schH or FR is real life protection work.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was Schutzhund

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you not gonna wanna go to a sport club to get ppd work. i mean some of them can do it but not most. now someone like wayne yes go for it. i mean alot of the clubs here think that schH or FR is real life protection work.
I agree, which is why I am willing to travel to obtain professional, reliable PPD training. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Human Remains Detection

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FL has been a thought, one of the trainers for SAR I work with is down there as well.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:mrgreen:

Somebodies got to do it.....hee hee

Plus, my Mal loves to work it and is good at it. We will be testing for advanced certification next month. :p

1 - 20 of 166 Posts