Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was sort of a trick question :lol: There are only 4 puppies and all of them are Malinois. Three of them are very dark and are often confused for GSDs. Their dad is that same color - sort of a dark sable. Their mother is red with a black face.

And all of them ran around the rubble pile like little weasels - no fear!

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
:lol: I was kinda thinking they were mali's because they all have the same kinda structure ears and head, but I knew this was a trick question of sorts, just didn't know where the trick was :lol: Good one.

Nice lookin pups!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are pure Malinois - not mixes. The breeding was facilitated by Bryan Colletti of K9 Crimestoppers in Manchester, Connecticut, although I believe the pups were born in New Mexico where the dam resides. The father is in Springfield, MA. I own two of the pups in the photo (red female and dark male) and Bryan owns the other two (dark male and dark female). I believe all the other pups (there were 11 total) went to working homes.

Photo of sire:

Photo of dam:

I can post their pedigree if anybody is interested (provided I can figure out how to do it).

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Zimba is a littermate of a female we know (Tycha) and a half-sister of our Furie (is now sold). Halusetha´s Clovis Tico is bred by my father.

You have as Boss´ mum Zimba de Perle Toubiere, but it is a male! He is trained at our club, sold back to the breeder (Jan Tinnemans) and made excellent points after a month training.

So: my compliments on your breeding!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know next to nothing about Malinois pedigrees or breeding (although I'm trying to learn more). Bryan Colletti is the guru who researched all of this and produced these pups. So, I'll pass along any compliments to him! My expertise is USAR training - which only qualifies me to assess the products of a breeding (and hopefully find something exceptional for USAR work!). :D That won't be tough with these little pups - every single one of them would be a good prospect (although Bryan has other plans for the 2 he's keeping).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts