Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

Thought I would introduce myself since I am on the forum pretty regularily now -- I have an office job to go along with school and check up quite a bit while I am at "work." Anyways, I am at UW-Madison and am training my first working dog at Foxtal in the Appleton, WI area in Shutzhund and possibly some S&R stuff. My dog is a 1/2 brother to Lacy's Coda, a full brother to Steve's Braxton and is Kim's little maniac Envy's littermate. His name is Extreme Duty, but I call him Pre after the great distance runner Steve Prefontaine.

Here are a few pictures of him, thanks to Kim!

8 months old?

Won the sleeve from Steve

Eric getting dirty before going to church

With Mike Pulford today at the Northern Illinois Ring Club

·
Registered
269 Posts
XD looked good today! Looking forward to training more with you! Oh and your girlfriend is a sweetheart! I liked talking to her today!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
About time you introduced yourself Sam :) XD has a gord just like Envy = Spanky's big ol' head - I like it:). He looks really good. Justin is still kicking himself in the butt for not keeping him for himself, like he originally planned.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Prefontaine was an amazing guy. I had the chance to meet and run with Dick Beardsley when I was training for my marathon. If you ever get a chance, track down one of the speeches he gives about his (Dick's) life. It will have you in tears...he was in a horrible accident and got addicted to drugs in a really bad way. A really neat and inspirational guy. Ran a 2:09 in Duluth and came in second to Alberto Salazar in the 1982 Boston Marathon.

Still an amazing runner, sheesh. I didn't appreciate the genetics, training, and form of a true distance racer until I ran with that guy. On springs, feet never touched the ground.

·
Registered
705 Posts
lol yeah i just cant call him by anything but. just i was used to it when he was a puppy. hell i would have called braxton somethin else but that name just stuck. the sad thing is your dog answers to pre and xd. lol.

·
Registered
269 Posts
lol he will always be XD to me :) Thats the first name I knew him as! Envy didn't have a name or I would have probably called her whatever her name was~

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nine minutes for 1500 yards? Were you dragging a tire? Or a body?
lets give him benefit of the doubt as say it was the 3000. My best miles, 1500's could barely make the splits for that time. I'm not very good at any distance event that takes less than 40 mins.

kinda/sorta but not quite one-upping the stiches thing, anyone here follow cycling and remember tyler hamilton riding w/ a broken collarbone and grinding his teeth down to their nerve endings before he pulled out of le tour?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
didn't do a very good job -- i remember hating how they chose that guy since he doesn't have nearly the same build. i really shouldn't be posting in the morning...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.