Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This film is one with a message........my boyfriend has been editing this for the last 3 days. Its shows the other side of these beautiful dogs used for hunting. The film does show some disturbing pics but they come past as a soort flash effect. Even the flash pics appear to the beat of the music......I think it worked out darn well.:) It includes new beach footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uedudo6ADUA

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
wow. very powerful hil. your boyfriend did a fantastic job with that video. it really makes me wonder if there are animal cruelty laws in spain and if there are, how can this be going on?

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Bravo & Well Done!!! It would be horrendous even if the dogs were destroyed in a humane manner. I don't understand why they are tortured. What does it say about us as a species given the fact that torture seems to be alive and well all over the world?

·
Registered
705 Posts
nice video. you know we raise theses dogs for our entertainment and then treat them like this. at least there are places out there, i know in illinois there is a greyhound rescue were 95% of the dogs go to good homes when the retire. i like your boy he is fast. lol

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow. very powerful hil. your boyfriend did a fantastic job with that video. it really makes me wonder if there are animal cruelty laws in spain and if there are, how can this be going on?
yeah problem is Tim, the laws there are as useful as old dishwater......least the hunters are bringing the dogs to the Scooby shelter more often now instead of chucking them in 30ft deep wells or hanging them. Problem is some just cant be bothered with the car ride to the shelter. Last I heard there are about 7-10 a day coming in there at the moment and sometimes more even.and its taking them one job to get them up on their feet, and back to "normal dogs". Most have been kept in awful conditions and are very scared and or injured.

In Spain amongst other places they see the dogs as an instrument, to be discarded when its not useful anymore. Slowly but surely they are trying to get the laws tightend there, but sometimes its like banging your head against a wall. The site of the shelter where Arlo originally came from gives a darn good image of whats going on there. http://www.scoobymedina.com/home_en.htm

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Man, that dog can run! I love it, it's really a nice thing that you do for these animals Hil! I think people that'll torture a dog have the propensity to jump to humans, i really believe that. It's a shame that we aren't allowed to spend some quality time with these type of scumbags to show them the error of their ways.............

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for that, I personally refuse to spend my money on a country which has no laws in relation to animal cruelty. I live a couple of hours away but refuse to visit. We are also talking about a country that televises people sticking a sword/spear in to a cow for entertainment, most of them can't even do that properly. In terms of the European union that are actually regarded as a third world country officially with lots of social issues such a alcoholism so perhaps it's no surprise that they are incapable of humane destruction of an animal, although that is completely inappropriate. They're only contribution is based on the hot weather and tourism, a very sorry state of affairs.
Is there anyone we can petition or take some positive action.

Mark

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
the cruelty of man to his wards never ceases to astound me; it speaks to the inhumanity of man that we treat not only our wards, but our fellow humans so unspeakably.
please remember that we are only here at *someones* leisure--ALL of us.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there anyone we can petition or take some positive action.

Mark
I agree Mark, I wouldnt spend anything on the Spanish tourism until they can sort out their bull s "cultuur" with animals.

Positief action?....sure they always need petition stuff and also donations. The guys at Scooby have been hit by 2 tornado's within a short time. They just built it all back up and toranado 2 strikes and blew it all down again. They are bashing their heads against a wall sometimes there but they dont give up. What they also can do with is people going over there for a few days/week to help out at the shelter. As soon as I can Im gonna go over. I really want to see what they do there. Im just afraid I will come back with about 4 dogs ;)

Seriously Im sure gonna go asap. All the info on these 3 things can be found at the Scooby site http://www.scoobymedina.com/home_en.htm

thx Mark

@Al..I totally agree with you there mate :) A few good rounds with some sheps with these guys would maybe make them think twice ;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Very powerful video. An excellent job! Maybe if you can get this out there, you can at least increase the number of dogs that come into rescue instead of dying horrible deaths. Anyone capable of doing some of those things to any living creature is a waste of our oxygen.

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Awesome vidoe. I love watching that dog run. It amazes me what people will do to animals. Then again, I look at what people will do to people and ...

I guess a bullet would just be to expensive (sarcasm here)? They must derive some sort of sick pleasure from killing the dogs they way they do. Because you can't convince me that hunters don't have enough bullets to at least humanely euthanize the dogs. I still disagree with the concept of having them for the hunting season then killing them, but they could at least do it in a manner the dogs don't suffer.

I would bet when you do go over there, that if you come back with 4 (or more) dogs they could all be placed here. It's only a drop in the bucket, but to each individual dog that drop means the world.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Beautiful, beautiful dog. There's just something about watching a sighthound run. How absolutely despicable, though sadly, I've heard of similar things with greyhounds in the States. In "sports" like dog racing and dog fighting, many many animals suffer for our amusement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.