Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as a newbie, i feel like i just discovered the neatest thing: i have found that, when i'm just screwing around w/brix, throwing his ball for the excercise value (HIS), if he lazily drops it too far for me to reach w/out getting up (lazily also, we're kind of a pair :) ), if i simply look at him, then at the ball, then at him again, 4X/5, he'll go get it and bring it to my feet.

how cool is THAT??? i don't say a word!!!

now how many of you, shall we say "seasoned" trainers have known about this and just never thought to share it with us dumba$$'s?? is this some kind of trade "secret" or what? proprietary information?[-X

this is so neat!! but i'm not sure what else i can do with it, if anything.... ;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
yeah how are we supposed to make money if we share our secrets

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, he's a lot more seasoned than I am, that's for sure :) i just thought it was way cool. more stupid pet tricks (read "owner"), i guess.

but it's still cool....

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
A lot of training is done with body language. If I I´m not satisfied in the way she peforms an excercise, she sees it in my bodylanguage...without direct punishment,and she will do more her best to perform it in the way I´m happy with her.

My main training is with 1 word commands, verbal praise and bodylanguage.

Oh by the way, in our program we are alowed much more than in IPO during an exam in using bodylanguage.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Actually the "seasoned trainers" are so lazy that we don't do shit unless the dog puts it in our hand. I am not reaching down for the idiots ball. He has to give it to me
This cracked me up. My dog's retrieve improved immensely when I was pregnant and couldn't pick up a toy off the ground.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts