Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought a CABTRANSITBOX for my dog...

Wow ! They are amazing.

So well built, easy to clean, versatile, totally silent, professional looking...I can't shower them with enough praise...

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Can't really tell from the photo. Please ship the A6 to me so I can drive around in it for a few months and get a proper feel for the cages.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I like the flap that folds down so the car doesn't scratch when the dog jumps down. Was that part of it or did you add that?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the flap that folds down so the car doesn't scratch when the dog jumps down. Was that part of it or did you add that?
Yeah..it's a nice touch..to protect the fender/bumper..and also to give your dog purchase, so as not to slip etc..

They are sold as extras with the box by the company and cost about £30($60)..

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice boxes, Gary. I've never heard a bad word about Cabtransit boxes, but then again they are not cheap!!

I suppose like most things in life, you get what you pay for...

They are the same price (on average) as Lintran..and not much more than Barjos, which aren't solid sides...

Compared with the price of your dog, being injured in an accident or the potential damage to your from a bored dog and his teeth..the price of a dog cage/box is a drop in the ocean.

Then you need to think about what looks good. If you have a decent car, van or truck you don't want a crappy looking dog box. You want something on equal par.

Then you want something that's easy to clean and live with, for you as well as your dog..

So yeah, they're not cheap..but I think they are value for money when it's all considered... In my humble opinion...

Gary

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gary,

How heavy are these, thinking about whipping them in and out when "her indoors" wants to go to the garden centre.

Mark

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gary,

How heavy are these, thinking about whipping them in and out when "her indoors" wants to go to the garden centre.

Mark

Hi Mark..

they are heavy enough to remain stable in the vehicle without straps etc... yet light enough for an average man to life out...(there's handle/holes on each side).. Not a problem to get in and out of the vehicle.. As easy as any other box..if not easier...

You wont be dissapointed with one..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts