Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Mr Bartlett, I have heard so much about these custom bitesuits that you always have on.

Could you tell us, the general public here on the board more about these items??

Particularly, the fit of the suits, and length of time receiving them

Are these items for sale? and what other items could you assist a person in purchasing????

·
Registered
287 Posts
You can check out my website @ www.philippeclementusa.com. There is a lot of information on the site. Suit orders usually take around a month to make and ship from France. They sell a lot of equipment, but I mainly focus on ringsport equipment and suits. You can have the suit custom fit for you and you can pick and choose what parts of the suit are loose or tight fitting. Whatever your preference is, Philippe Clement can make it happen.

Tim

·
Registered
580 Posts
I don't know much about the quality of the Phillipe Clement suits vs. other suit makers, but I do know they are definitely the best looking suits I've ever seen!

·
Registered
705 Posts
lol. i will add that i have worn a PC and aside from demanet it is one of the best out there. i have a demanet. LOVE it. but i will be purchasing a clement as well. alot of people dont like the Kevlar in the demanet. its fine for dogs that dont have teeth probs or young dogs. but i know alot of people dont like the kevlar stuff. i personally dont care but my dogs arent puppies anymore. but anyway i love the clements. now jsut need to get one.:p:p

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm very happy about this thread...now maybe Justin will get off his butt and have his better half take his measurements and then finish the logo he wants on it..........so we can order a suit from Tim SOON.......:smile: The money for the suit is burning a whole in my pocket......;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Darryl,

Prices have not been listed yet. I haven't received the final price list from France yet. As soon as I get it, I will add it to the website. In regards to bitesuit prices, they will vary depending on what level of protection and how elaborate the designs on the suit. EXAMPLE: A competition suit made to fit an individual that just wants a simple design with a couple colors, would run around $1100. The price includes taxes and shipping. Lightweight training vests are $90 and heavyweight vests are $100.

If there is something in particular you are looking for, shoot me an e-mail and I can give you a quote.

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was not scripted, I just wanted more information. Buying a suit is not just sending in measurements, and I thought since Tim gets a new suit almost as much as he gets shoes, that this would be a good discussion topic.

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, Tim. What is the best way to get a proper fit in a suit??? I know short people have less problems, but I have always had problems with them being too small. Usually long enough, but not enough fabric, so they fit like jeans and I get beat up pretty good. I know that Emily is having the same problem.

What are your recommendations???

·
Registered
57 Posts
So, Tim. What is the best way to get a proper fit in a suit??? I know short people have less problems, but I have always had problems with them being too small. Usually long enough, but not enough fabric, so they fit like jeans and I get beat up pretty good. I know that Emily is having the same problem.

What are your recommendations???
I don't quite agree with you on this one.(Imagine that!). I am not the tallest guy around and I find it hard to get a good fit in pants as well. Being a little shorter it seems like the pants are thicker from the crotch to the knee and make it harder to run in for shorter people. Unless you want to buy CanAm, but GOD help you when you take bites!!
Nothing sucks worse when you get a new suit and the top fits perfect and but you can't even walk in the bottoms.

I'm not sure which suit Jeff, I was just wanting to see the detail of the logo.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I haven't had any complaints about the way these suits fit. Of course, for the thicker training suits, they are probably going to be a little stiff until broken it. I can speak for the competition suits and say that they are ready to go immediately. If you look at the measurement page on my website, they go into great detail with over 20 measurements, to ensure that the suits fit correctly. You have the option of having certain areas fit tight or loose, depending on your preference.

Paul- Not sure what suit you are talking about. Send me an e-mail and I can send you a few pictures. If there is anything you are looking for specifically, let me know and I can get you a quote.

Jeff- The belgians make a good sleeve similar to the "magic sleeve" you are talking about. I find that a good wedge with a person that knows how to play with their dog works as well if not better.

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Paul, so you are saying that the fabric is too thick in the thigh area???

I have had the problem of not having enough room to get away from the bite. I even exagerated the size of my legs to get more room, and did so with Roca and Euro, to no avail. Sucks when you really like the pants (eurochien) and you can move well, but every stinkin dog can just make you pay. Of course they fit EVERY other decoy in the club somehow, and they all have plenty of room to not get hammered.

So, Tim, can you tell us how Phillipe has solved this problem??

·
Registered
287 Posts
Like I said above, if you don't like the thigh area tight, you just take a normal measurement of the area and add that you would like that area loose fitting.

I just had 2 competition suits made for me for the MR Championships. Both were sized for me and they were made to be tight fitting. I walked away from that weekend with not a single bruise on me. Really surprising, considering how thin the suits are.

Just like any other suit, the more protection, the less mobility and vice versa.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.